reboot to re-read your partition table.

If anybody could suggest a solution, please reply.

-Dharmin.
Re: mkfs returns error message [ In reply to ]
Hi!

Just set correct "disk-size" parameter in drbd.conf file.

RE: mkfs returns error message [ In reply to ]
>I am facing trouble while issuing mkfs command after being able to
>successfully install drbd as given in the drbd documentation.

>[root@heart1 /]# mkfs -b 4096 /dev/nb0
>mke2fs 1.19, 13-Jul-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
>mkfs.ext2: Device size reported to be zero. Invalid partition specified,
>or
> partition table wasn't reread after running fdisk, due to
> a modified partition being busy and in use. You may need to
> reboot to re-read your partition table.>
>
>If anybody could suggest a solution, please reply.

You have 2 specify the disk-size parameter in your drbd.conf an restart
drbd.

You'll get the disk-size with fdisk /dev/hdx and type p to print the size of
your partition.

Further problems ?

Michael Appeldorn
RE: mkfs returns error message [ In reply to ]
>> You have 2 specify the disk-size parameter in your drbd.conf an restart
>> drbd.
>> You'll get the disk-size with fdisk /dev/hdx and type p to print the size
of
>> your partition.

>I am using drbdsetup. I specified disk-size with -s flag equal to the
>that (151008) shown by fdisk. And drbdsetup gives a segfault for that.
>I gave a size much lesser than that (15100) and drbdsetup worked fine.
>But still mkfs gives me the same error message I emailed before.

So - what now. OK - you used fdisk to determine the block(disk)-size of
your partition - and you used the full partition name : /dev/hda6 e.g ???
If you only type fdisk -s /dev/hda you'll get the size of whole hdd.

If this is all right what about the output of drbdsetup /dev/nbx show.
Can you see the correct disk-size parameter ? If not try to set it
manually by typing :

drbdsetup /dev/nbx disk lower_device [-d|--disk-size val]

Example generic - choose you parameters.

If wont work know mail the drbd.conf and the output of drbdsetup show.

Michael Appeldorn