Mailing List Archive

drbd-0.6.1-pre4.tar.gz
Hi,

Yet another prerelease.

cvs diff -r rel-0_6_1-pre3 -r rel-0_6_1-pre4 | wc -l
1626

1626 lines changed compared to pre3, which is a good thing, since
in this release the probabely oldest design mistake was removed.

(On the other hand, we need to test this release very carefull, since
so mancy lines of code where touched)

*) Postpone packets are out. A second socket is used for checking the
liveliness of the other node. -- No more timeouts. -- Independed of the
load of the secondary node.

*) State file are opened (for writing) with O_SYNC.

*) Some SMP fixes. (Yes, my development cluster has a SMP machine!)

I guess that there will be no more big rewrites to the final release..

Please help testing this release, I am quite confident that it is the
best DRBD we ever had...

PS: You need a tl-size of at least 4000, but do not hesitate to use 6000
or more....

-Philipp