secondary node.

Please help !

Julius
Re: Filesystem for shared access (ro) on drbd ? [ In reply to ]
* Julius Kempa <jkempa@example.com> [011004 00:11]:
> Hello,
>
> have someone any idea about a Filesystem for Linux that can be used to
> access one drbd-device at the some time on both nodes ?

http://www.sistina.com/products_gfs.htm
And nowerdays there is also an open GFS project...

But DRBD does not (jet) allow you to use GFS on top of it.

> on the second node i need just the read-only access...
> mounting of drbd with ext2 on the secondary node is not this what i
> want... -> strange behavior.
>
> May be someone has any idea how to make read-only access on the
> secondary node.

No way.

-Philipp
Re: Filesystem for shared access (ro) on drbd ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 12:01:05PM +0200, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> * Julius Kempa <jkempa@example.com> [011004 00:11]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > have someone any idea about a Filesystem for Linux that can be used to
> > access one drbd-device at the some time on both nodes ?
>
> http://www.sistina.com/products_gfs.htm
> And nowerdays there is also an open GFS project...

Yes, and after we have our first bugfix release out, one of the higher
priorities is to get drbd working with OpenGFS.

Christoph (current OpenGFS main-commiter)

--
Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX.
Re: Filesystem for shared access (ro) on drbd ? [ In reply to ]
* Christoph Hellwig <hch@example.com> [011004 12:12]:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 12:01:05PM +0200, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> > * Julius Kempa <jkempa@example.com> [011004 00:11]:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > have someone any idea about a Filesystem for Linux that can be used to
> > > access one drbd-device at the some time on both nodes ?
> >
> > http://www.sistina.com/products_gfs.htm
> > And nowerdays there is also an open GFS project...
>
> Yes, and after we have our first bugfix release out, one of the higher
> priorities is to get drbd working with OpenGFS.
>
> Christoph (current OpenGFS main-commiter)

Hey, good to hear. Will you be at Linux-Kongress in Twente/NL ?
In case you are going there, we should have a OpenGFS-DRBD session there.

-Philipp
Re: Filesystem for shared access (ro) on drbd ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 02:59:46PM +0200, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> Hey, good to hear. Will you be at Linux-Kongress in Twente/NL ?

No, I planned to give a Linux-ABI talk, but I have to do physics exams :(

> In case you are going there, we should have a OpenGFS-DRBD session there.

Maybe other members of the OpenGFS Team are there, I bet Arjan will be there.
Arjan would you be interested in such a session?

Christoph