EADS Defence and Security Networks
jean-yves.bouet@example.com
01 34 60 86 36
Re: how to compare 2 partner drbd devices [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 03:57:37PM +0200, Jean-Yves Bouet - 78636 wrote:
> Hello,
> i'm looking for a tool independant of the file system that allows me to
> obtain an image of a block device.
> Does this kind of tool exist?
> I use reiserfs, and i have a tool called debugreiserfs but it only takes
> in account used blocks.

If you just want to know if the contents of the two entire block devices
are the same, you can use md5sum on them and compare the result.

Regards!

--
Fábio Olivé Leite http://www.conectiva.com.br/~olive
I drowned in the universal pool of entropy
Re: how to compare 2 partner drbd devices [ In reply to ]
* Jean-Yves Bouet - 78636 <jean-yves.bouet@example.com> [011003 15:57]:
> Hello,
> i'm looking for a tool independant of the file system that allows me to
> obtain an image of a block device.
> Does this kind of tool exist?
> I use reiserfs, and i have a tool called debugreiserfs but it only takes
> in account used blocks.
> Bye .

dd if=/dev/nbX of=/tmp/big-file

-Philipp