EADS Defence and Security Networks
jean-yves.bouet@example.com
01 34 60 86 36
Re: drbd/end of replication [ In reply to ]
On 2001-10-02T17:00:39,
Jean-Yves Bouet - 78636 <jean-yves.bouet@example.com> said:

> Why ns parameter on primary node (cat /proc/drbd) doesn't increase as
> soon as i make write on drbd device?
> I must wait about 5-10 sec before this parameter goes up.
> Is this parameter refreshed in real-time?

How do you write to it? Via the filesystem? I am thinking that it might only
go up when the caches are actually flushed out to the device, which would
explain the delay.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@example.com>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl
Re: drbd/end of replication [ In reply to ]
Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> On 2001-10-02T17:00:39,
> Jean-Yves Bouet - 78636 <jean-yves.bouet@example.com> said:
>
> > Why ns parameter on primary node (cat /proc/drbd) doesn't increase as
> > soon as i make write on drbd device?
> > I must wait about 5-10 sec before this parameter goes up.
> > Is this parameter refreshed in real-time?
>
> How do you write to it? Via the filesystem?

Yes: just a simple cp in drbd mount directory.

--
Jean-Yves BOUET
Re: drbd/end of replication [ In reply to ]
* Jean-Yves Bouet - 78636 <jean-yves.bouet@example.com> [011002 17:19]:
> Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
>
> > On 2001-10-02T17:00:39,
> > Jean-Yves Bouet - 78636 <jean-yves.bouet@example.com> said:
> >
> > > Why ns parameter on primary node (cat /proc/drbd) doesn't increase as
> > > soon as i make write on drbd device?
> > > I must wait about 5-10 sec before this parameter goes up.
> > > Is this parameter refreshed in real-time?
> >
> > How do you write to it? Via the filesystem?
>
> Yes: just a simple cp in drbd mount directory.

If you do not like this, mount the filesystem with "-o sync", or write
your own cp application that uses open( ... O_SYNC ...), fsync(), or
fdatasync().

-Philipp