different...)
kept going for maybee a minute or so while copying the file in, then
paniced...

i then was able to run "drbsetup /dev/nb0 primary" on the second machine..
and mount the device...
all the files seemed ok.. (except the one it crashed while copying of
course...)

Paul
Re: drbd / 2.4.. getting better... [ In reply to ]
This is not a real bug, it is just a bit un-tuned :)
Simply increase the size of the transfer log by using something like
this:

net {
sync-rate=4M
tl-size=512
^^^^^
}

On my user mode linux boxes I have to set it to 1024, but I think
this is due to the high latency of UML's block device driver.

256 was big enough in 2.2.x times, but 2.4.x has bigger request queue
sizes... (and the size of these is determined at boot time. I think
it is derived from memory size)

PS: one tl-entry takes 8 bytes of main memory..

-Philipp

* Paul Botelho <paul@example.com> [010831 02:59]:

Re: drbd / 2.4.. getting better... [ In reply to ]
thanks.... its working great now... (actually realized that as i was
typeing out the error message "transfer log too small" duh... increase
xfer log size...

anyone know what the fastest sync-rate you can get away with on a 100baseT
loopback connection between the servers?

-Paul.