Mailing List Archive

ack!! timeout.
I've got a drbd system 'sorta' running on red-hat 7.1 w/kernel 2.4.7
I can create the devices, mount /dev/nb0, etc...

a couple seconds after its mounted, or when i try to copy file onto the
drive, i get the following errors on both screens...
usually the primary will kernel panic .. or simply lock up at this point

anyone have any ideas..... more info below...:

thanks...
-Paul B.

Errors:

On Primary:
drbd0: got postpone
drbd0: ack timeout 179079
drbd0: ack timeout 180079

On Secondary:
drbd0: Sending postpone packet!!
drbd0: expire = 174210 now = 173210
drbd0: p_timeout is act.
drbd0: its getting late

/proc/drbd (secondary)
version : 58

0: cs:Connected st:Secondary/Primary ns:0 nr:6 dw:6 dr:0 gc:1,6,7

/proc/drbd on the primary usually looks ok before mounting... (connected -
Primary/Secondary...)

/etc/drbd.conf (for both systems)
#
# Comment lines.
#

resource drbd0 {

protocol=B
fsckcmd=fsck -p -y

# disk {
# do-panic
# disk-size=409657
# }

net {
sync-rate=250
skip-sync
tl-size=256
timeout=200
connect-int=25
ping-int=25
}

on ha1 {
device=/dev/nb0
disk=/dev/sdb2
address=192.168.187.1
port=7788
}

on ha2 {
device=/dev/nb0
disk=/dev/sdb2
address=192.168.187.2
port=7788
}
}
Re: ack!! timeout. [ In reply to ]
I guess you are using code from CVS. Which is at the moment very unstabe.
(Altough some minutes ago I commited a missing brelse() call, which
improves stability of the resynchronisation a lot)

Do not expect anything from code from CVS.

-Philipp

* Paul Botelho <paul@example.com> [010823 02:00]: