Mailing List Archive

Yet another newbie Question ??
Hi,

When rtying to setup the primary device for drbd0 - when I type the command
:

drbdsetup /dev/nb0 net node1 node2 B

I get :

drbd0: Unable to bind (-99)

What can cause this ?????

Many thanks
Tonino

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com
Re: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
node1 must be an ip-address of the machine. A local ip address.

-Philipp

* Tonino Greco <tag@example.com> [010821 16:12]:

RE: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thanks for the reply - but it is - it is in /etc/hosts - I have also trid it
with an IP - same thing ???

Thanks again :)
Tonino

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com
Re: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
Ok. Type "ifconfig".

node1 must be one of the IP addresses listed by ifconfig/ip addr show.

* Tonino Greco <tag@example.com> [010822 08:38]:

RE: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

ok - I forwent the drbdsetup route and used the /etc/drbd.conf route - THIS
seems to work and I have the "mirror" up and /dev/nb0 mounted on both node1
and node2.

Question : It mounts /dev/nb0 as READ-ONLY on node2 - is this correct ???

Many Thanks for all you help and patience :)
Tonino

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com
Re: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
On 2001-08-22T09:03:49,
Tonino Greco <tag@example.com> said:

> Question : It mounts /dev/nb0 as READ-ONLY on node2 - is this correct ???

Yes. You can only have one node writing to the device and any given time, and
very likely you are going to shot yourself in the foot royally if you mount it
r/o on the secondary too.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@example.com>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl
RE: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

thanks for the reply :)

ok - so I understand that part - no for the difficult question ....

Say the Primary server (node1) dies and I need to use the secondary - what
is the procedure for mounting the /dev/nb0 on secondary and then using it
???

Thanks again :)
Tonino

Re: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
* Tonino Greco <tag@example.com> [010822 10:01]:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the reply :)
>
> ok - so I understand that part - no for the difficult question ....
>
> Say the Primary server (node1) dies and I need to use the secondary - what
> is the procedure for mounting the /dev/nb0 on secondary and then using it
> ???

lowlevel:

drbdsetup /dev/nb0 primary
fsck /dev/nb0
mount /dev/nb0 ...

highlevel:

/etc/ha.d/resource.d/datadisk drbd0 start

PS: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/reisner/drbd/documentation/

-Philipp
RE: Yet another newbie Question ?? [ In reply to ]
many thanks :)

Tonino

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com