Mailing List Archive

IMF envelope behaviour
Hi All,

I have an issue where a mail is sent to a distribution group on a mail server (Exchange 2010) and is then forwarded to my postfix server.
I ran a wireshark trace and I can see that the mail comes in with the destination set to the expanded members of the distribution group (as expected, RCPT TO) and the IMF envelope is set to the original email address, the distribution group.

For some reason postfix gives the IMF header priority over the actual RCPT TO: as the destination.

I can see the email addresses in the body of the mail as I have

body_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/body_checks
/etc/postfix/header_checks:
/^subject:/ WARN
/^to:/ WARN
/^from:/ WARN