Mailing List Archive

NULL char -> Re: dbmail-lmtpd makes me crazy today
starting to hang because a NULL char in the body smells security
relevant! however, in don't get the SpamAssassin default score of 1.6

1.6 NULL_IN_BODY FULL: Message has NUL (ASCII 0) byte in message

UPDATED: /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
238a239

Re: NULL char -> Re: dbmail-lmtpd makes me crazy today [ In reply to ]
On 01-11-14 20:08, Reindl Harald wrote:
> starting to hang because a NULL char in the body smells security
> relevant! however, in don't get the SpamAssassin default score of 1.6

Cool! I'll look into it.

Re: NULL char -> Re: dbmail-lmtpd makes me crazy today [ In reply to ]
Hi Reindl,

I think I'm hitting this :)
How did you found the problematic messages in queue?

Re: NULL char -> Re: dbmail-lmtpd makes me crazy today [ In reply to ]
Am 07.11.2014 um 13:31 schrieb Jorge Bastos:
> I think I'm hitting this :)
> How did you found the problematic messages in queue?

by "postsuper -r ALL && postfix flush" for hours and see delivery croak
always after the same message while sometimes a few others got delivered
and using "postcat" too look in that damned message and saved the output

"kate" (KDE editor) showed a lot of crap after the spam message

"postqueue -p" maybe your friend - watch for senders ending with .cn

Re: NULL char -> Re: dbmail-lmtpd makes me crazy today [ In reply to ]
Am 07.11.2014 um 13:42 schrieb Reindl Harald:
> Am 07.11.2014 um 13:31 schrieb Jorge Bastos:
>> I think I'm hitting this :)
>> How did you found the problematic messages in queue?
>
> by "postsuper -r ALL && postfix flush" for hours and see delivery croak
> always after the same message while sometimes a few others got delivered
> and using "postcat" too look in that damned message and saved the output
>
> "kate" (KDE editor) showed a lot of crap after the spam message
>
> "postqueue -p" maybe your friend - watch for senders ending with .cn

if you missed it - there are 2 postfix options to strip away such chars
or even reject the message to prevent happening that again until theres
a dbmail fix and frankly i use that now everywhere

submission servers:
message_strip_characters = \0

inbound MTA:
message_reject_characters = \0