Andy

--
Andrea Sisti <andrea@sad.it>
Re: LDAP [ In reply to ]
Not in the base distribution, but I posted patches to the mailing list a
few months ago that provide for LDAP authentication. The good word is that
they'll be included in the next release of DBMail, though there's no
timeframe on that yet.

Aarn

Re: LDAP [ In reply to ]
Aaron,

Do those pathes still apply to cvs-current ?

I'll make a stab at integrating those patches into the debian packages
I maintain if they do, releasing dbmail-ldap as a separate package.

I for myself could definitely do with ldap authentication. It's a key
part of why I'm not rolling out dbmail yet on any but peripheral
installations.

Paul Stevens mailto:paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP PGP: finger paul@nfg.nl
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl
Re: LDAP [ In reply to ]
I haven't worked on the LDAP patch in a long time as I have been focusing
recently on rewrites of the delivery chain and sorting.

I'd be happy to work with you on getting the patches up to date, however.
Are you comfortable with LDAP's C API yourself, or would you be more
focused on integration and have me work on getting the code updated?

Aaron

Re: LDAP [ In reply to ]
Aaron Stone wrote:
> I haven't worked on the LDAP patch in a long time as I have been focusing
> recently on rewrites of the delivery chain and sorting.
>
> I'd be happy to work with you on getting the patches up to date, however.
> Are you comfortable with LDAP's C API yourself, or would you be more
> focused on integration and have me work on getting the code updated?

I'm quite comfortable with the ldap api calls, but mostly through the
python wrapper. I'll try to update the patches myself, since fixes to
dbmail since 1.1 are fairly limited (mostly imap and pop code iirc) and
well documented in cvs.

C is however not my forte. I write python, php and shell code for a
living. Always in for something new though :-) and well motivated since
I really want to see ldap integration going for dbmail.

Re: LDAP [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Your immediate problem is probably from postfix's
local_recipient_maps setting - either disable it or (prefereably)
point it to your dbmail aliases table. Search the mailing list for
details.

As for status on LDAP, see Aaron's post on the subject from last
week. I think he said it hasn't been updated in a little bit, but
he'd do so if someone were wanting to help him test that it works...
but check the list to be sure :).

Jesse