550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.
550 5.1.1 User unknown

If a sender gets 'FAIL' he will probably try it again, in case of 'User
unknown' he won't try again. Is it possible to add some information why
it failed?

Thomas
--
http://www.tmueller.com for pgp key (95702B3B)
Re: Error responses from dbmail-lmtp [ In reply to ]
There is framework in the dsn structure for providing a message to accompany
the specific codes. I wasn't sure how to go about adding the strings, though.
Gettext? Config file? Hard coded?
If hard coded English is sufficient, I can add them ASAP.

Aaron

Re: Error responses from dbmail-lmtp [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 11:48, Aaron Stone wrote:
> There is framework in the dsn structure for providing a message to accompany
> the specific codes. I wasn't sure how to go about adding the strings, though.
> Gettext? Config file? Hard coded?
> If hard coded English is sufficient, I can add them ASAP.

I guess hardcoded English will do for now.

Ilja
Re: Error responses from dbmail-lmtp [ In reply to ]
Hi Ilja,

> > There is framework in the dsn structure for providing a message to accompany
> > the specific codes. I wasn't sure how to go about adding the strings, though.
> > Gettext? Config file? Hard coded?
> > If hard coded English is sufficient, I can add them ASAP.
>
> I guess hardcoded English will do for now.

Probably forever. I've never seen localized MTA error messages. That
would require to guess the language of the failed message. Hard job :-)

Thanks Aaron!

Thomas
--
http://www.tmueller.com for pgp key (95702B3B)