Mailing List Archive

FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);
I found it and fixed it :-)

Seems like mozilla doesn't like a final space before the closing ) in a
status response.

I've also cleaned up imapcommands to use the ci_write wrapper for
writing output to clients which helped with making dbmail's tcp
behaviour more compliant.

Mozilla/thunderbird will now behave as expected when checking all imap
folders.

Paul Stevens mailto:paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP PGP: finger paul@nfg.nl
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl
Re: FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
YEAH!!!! I have been wondering for a while why Thunderbird wouldn't show
unread counts! Great work!

Matthew

Re: FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
The experimental packages on debian.nfgd.net now contain this patch.

Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> YEAH!!!! I have been wondering for a while why Thunderbird wouldn't show
> unread counts! Great work!
>
> Matthew
>
> Paul J Stevens wrote:
>

>> I found it and fixed it :-)
>>
>> Seems like mozilla doesn't like a final space before the closing ) in
>> a status response.
>>
>> I've also cleaned up imapcommands to use the ci_write wrapper for
>> writing output to clients which helped with making dbmail's tcp
>> behaviour more compliant.
>>
>> Mozilla/thunderbird will now behave as expected when checking all imap
>> folders.

Paul Stevens paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
The Netherlands_______________________________________www.nfg.nl
Re: FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
nice patch. It's applied in CVS

Ilja

Re: FIXED Re: user pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 April 2004 09:07 am, Ilja Booij wrote:
> nice patch. It's applied in CVS

Now that this is fixed, what is the list of remaining showstoppers that is
preventing 2.0 from being released?
Re: FIXED Re: user pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 15:17, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> On Friday 16 April 2004 09:07 am, Ilja Booij wrote:
> > nice patch. It's applied in CVS
>
> Now that this is fixed, what is the list of remaining showstoppers that is
> preventing 2.0 from being released?

2 problems:

1. Some messages get inserted with '\00'-characters. These messages then
get not parsed well.
2. Sometimes messages have empty bodies. This problem could have the
same cause as problem 1.

Paul J Stevens reported today that IMAP STATUS sometimes give wrong
results.

These are the problems that I know of. Problem 1 is a nasty one.. I've
been looking into it for some time now, but have not found the cause..

Ilja
Re: FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
Ilja Booij wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 15:17, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>
>>On Friday 16 April 2004 09:07 am, Ilja Booij wrote:
>>
>>>nice patch. It's applied in CVS

great.

>>Now that this is fixed, what is the list of remaining showstoppers that is
>>preventing 2.0 from being released?
>

> 2 problems:
>
> 1. Some messages get inserted with '\00'-characters. These messages then
> get not parsed well.

> 2. Sometimes messages have empty bodies. This problem could have the
> same cause as problem 1.

Problem 2 should be easily fixed. I like Anton's oracle patches: he
introduces a db_get_message(id) call that I feel is currently missing.
The way dbmail currently retreive a messages seems somewhat convoluted
to me. Or maybe I'm just dense :-)

> Paul J Stevens reported today that IMAP STATUS sometimes give wrong
> results.

Nothing critical I think. I have a couple of mailboxes that contain
messages with recent_flag set to 1. These show up with the status
command as expected, but when I select the mailbox they don't show up.
A closer look reveals they also have the deleted_flag set to 1, but the
are not removed by dbmail-maintenance. Could be the recent flag. I
haven't checked. Weird.

Re: FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
Another problem solved it seems:

> Paul J Stevens reported today that IMAP STATUS sometimes give wrong
> results.

Folders can show unreads after checking their status, yet show *no*
unreads when selected. This happens when they have both their
recent_flag as well as their deleted_flag set.

This apparent inconsistency can be rectified in mozilla/tb by the
'compact folders' command which probably equals the expunge command.

Re: FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 16:19, Paul J Stevens wrote:
> Problem 2 should be easily fixed. I like Anton's oracle patches: he
> introduces a db_get_message(id) call that I feel is currently missing.
> The way dbmail currently retreive a messages seems somewhat convoluted
> to me. Or maybe I'm just dense :-)

I agree that this function makes things a bit easier, and should
probably be in DBMail. I'm wondering if it's an simple & easy patch,
that should be in 2.0...

> > Paul J Stevens reported today that IMAP STATUS sometimes give wrong
> > results.
>
> Nothing critical I think. I have a couple of mailboxes that contain
> messages with recent_flag set to 1. These show up with the status
> command as expected, but when I select the mailbox they don't show up.
> A closer look reveals they also have the deleted_flag set to 1, but the
> are not removed by dbmail-maintenance. Could be the recent flag. I
> haven't checked. Weird.
I'll have a look at this. It should be pretty easy to find.

Ilja
Re: FIXED Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
Yes, please! I started to write a frontend to dump messages out to mbox
format, and was thinking about making it a combined mbox import/export tool...
but stopped when I realized that there was no easy way to just grab a message
from the database.

Aaron