Mailing List Archive

NNTP Server
New Thread

I was thinking of an NNTP server that would be on the scale of Aaron's
example, and not Leif's.

I never really liked the archiving done by pipermail/mailman, its hard to
make threads cross archiving intervals.

I would like to see a mailbox exported to a nntp group. that way archives
can be offloaded or browsed in the user's local client.

'I would like to see' is starting to become 'I would like to program' as I
am starting to like and deploy dbmail, twice in the last week.

My first requirement is an nntp export only with dbmail-smtp insertion - that
is all I need/want. But other features are welcomed to be identified.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? bad idea?

ed