Now I get a segmentation fault in dbmail-lmtpd. It crashes on the
trace() call on line 367 of pipe.c. Probably, something goes wrong in
the sort_and_deliver() function that precedes the trace call.
I think there's something wrong when in the parsing of the headers, not
sure though.

Aaron, could you try and reproduce this problem? And if you can, fix it
too? ;)

Ilja
Re: crash when sending large file [ In reply to ]
Is the bug that Chingson Chen's patch fixes?

Re: crash when sending large file [ In reply to ]
Nope, it's a different one.

Ilja

Re: crash when sending large file [ In reply to ]
Ok, I'll keep looking!

Aaron

Re: crash when sending large file [ In reply to ]
Well, that was embarrasing. I just added Chingson's changes into my working
tree, and voila, large messages are no longer clipped at 512kb. Thanks!

With dbmail-smtp, I see neither memory leaks nor errors when accepting a
1.76MB message from stdin. I actually haven't gotten Postfix + LMTP working
yet, so I haven't real-world tested the lmtp daemon... just been using the RFC
to see how the conversations should work, and testing message delivery by
manually typing stuff into 'telnet localhost 24' sessions. Very lame.

Does this LMTP problem persist even after you applied my patch to your working
tree, Ilja?

Aaron