I'd be happy to work on this, but wouldn't be able to touch it for several
weeks at best, more likely several months. Ilja? Other volunteers?

Aaron
Re: IMAP Extensions SORT and THREAD [ In reply to ]
Incidentally, replying to my own message here (thread extension, hmm ;-) I
propose that this goes onto the Milestones list for 2.1

Re: IMAP Extensions SORT and THREAD [ In reply to ]
I'm curious, are there any clients using these commands? I can see
they're useful, but if there are no clients using them, I think we
shouldn't bother.

I've put this under the "needing discussion"-header in the milestone
list ;)

Ilja

On 15 Jan 2004, at 10:48, Aaron Stone wrote:

> Has anyone considered implementing the SORT or THREAD extensions? It
> would
> seem to be quite an easy way to boost performance of web based imap
> clients if
> the database did the sorting for us for them ;-)
>
> Here's the internet-draft:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-sort-14.txt
>
> I'd be happy to work on this, but wouldn't be able to touch it for
> several
> weeks at best, more likely several months. Ilja? Other volunteers?
>
> Aaron

IC&S
Stadhouderslaan 57
3583 JD Utrecht
telnr. 030-6355730
faxnr. 030-6355731

PGP-key:
http://www.ic-s.nl/keys/ilja.txt
Re: IMAP Extensions SORT and THREAD [ In reply to ]
On 1/15/04 6:52 AM, "Ilja Booij" <ilja@ic-s.nl> wrote:

> I'm curious, are there any clients using these commands? I can see
> they're useful, but if there are no clients using them, I think we
> shouldn't bother.

I'm pretty sure SquirrelMail will use this if available.

Brian
Re: IMAP Extensions SORT and THREAD [ In reply to ]
On 15 Jan 2004, at 16:12, Brian Blood wrote:
> On 1/15/04 6:52 AM, "Ilja Booij" <ilja@ic-s.nl> wrote:
>
>> I'm curious, are there any clients using these commands? I can see
>> they're useful, but if there are no clients using them, I think we
>> shouldn't bother.
>
> I'm pretty sure SquirrelMail will use this if available.

OK, that's a plus then. We also use squirrelmail for our webmail :)

Ilja

--
IC&S
Stadhouderslaan 57

PGP-key:
http://www.ic-s.nl/keys/ilja.txt
Re: [Dbmail-dev] IMAP Extensions SORT and THREAD [ In reply to ]
>> I'm curious, are there any clients using these commands? I can see
>> they're useful, but if there are no clients using them, I think we
>> shouldn't bother.
> I'm pretty sure SquirrelMail will use this if available.

And will work much faster...

My friend has INBOX (800 messages) which opens (dbmail2 and squirrelmail)
30 seconds... :-\
Re: IMAP Extensions SORT and THREAD [ In reply to ]
Turn on the Query Cache in MySQL's my.cnf. It dramatically reduces page load
times for the main email list.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Query_Cache_Configuration.html

Aaron

PS - What are those funky characters in your subject lines?