Mailing List Archive

PATCH: prefork pool v0.1
Hi all,

As promised I'm sending you a patch to enable apache-style pre-forking.

It should apply cleanly to both 1.2 and 1.2.1.

I've tried very hard to make this a clean patch. You'll have to run
automake before running configure and make.

I've consolidated most changes in a new set of files (pool.[ch]) which
contains all the new calls for management of the forked children pool.

I'm introducing a new shared memory segment that contains the state for
all the active/idle children. I'm rather new to this; there maybe some
need for locking here. I havent investigated yet.

It should be rather trivial to expand this framework to enable internal
statistics (connections per child or client, longevity of a child, etc)
once the validity of my approach is confirmed.

This patch also introduces new config settings (MINSPARECHILDREN and
MAXSPARECHILDREN) and finally makes the MAXCHILDREN setting functional.

Feel free to suggest improvements in design or style. I'm new to C
programming and learning as I go along.

Paul Stevens mailto:paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP PGP: finger paul@nfg.nl
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl
PATCH: prefork pool v0.1 [ In reply to ]
The patch in my earlier mail was inadvertantly poluted. Please use this
one in stead.