Mailing List Archive

virtual and local
First i'm new to dbmail, and pretty new to postfix :)

I use dbmail 1.2 + postfix 2.0.16 on a freebsd box

All's fine, but now i want to have both local and forward adresses for
one domain. It works using dbmail alias feature, but i'd prefer to use
postfix to do the job, because i need to alias an entire domain and it
seems not working with dbmail :

@toto.com => @other.com

will forward

one@toto.com to one@other.com
two@toto.com to two@other.com
three@toto.com to three@other.com
and so on...

if i use the dbmail transport for toto.com, everything goes to dbmail,
so is there another solution ?

i plan to use the following in postfix, will it be ok (all my local
domains will use dbmail) ?

local_transport = dbmail:
virtual_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual
and in virtual :
toto.com nothing
localuser@toto.com localuser@toto.com
@toto.com @other.com

Or if i'm wrong, how can i do that ?

Thanks for any help.
Re: virtual and local [ In reply to ]
ml@sd2i.fr wrote:
> First i'm new to dbmail, and pretty new to postfix :)
>
> I use dbmail 1.2 + postfix 2.0.16 on a freebsd box
>
> All's fine, but now i want to have both local and forward adresses for
> one domain. It works using dbmail alias feature, but i'd prefer to use
> postfix to do the job, because i need to alias an entire domain and it
> seems not working with dbmail :
>
> @toto.com => @other.com
>
> will forward
>
> one@toto.com to one@other.com
> two@toto.com to two@other.com
> three@toto.com to three@other.com

I assume that is what you want.

> and so on...
>
> if i use the dbmail transport for toto.com, everything goes to dbmail,
> so is there another solution ?
>
> i plan to use the following in postfix, will it be ok (all my local
> domains will use dbmail) ?
>
> local_transport = dbmail:
> virtual_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual
> and in virtual :
> toto.com nothing
> localuser@toto.com localuser@toto.com

Oops. Dont do that: mailloop. Postfix will bounce.

> @toto.com @other.com

try:
/etc/postfix/main.cf
mydestination = local.toto.com