Mailing List Archive

Re: [Dbmail] dos attack
You're right.

Dbmail simply spawns NCHILDREN, accepts MAXCONNECTS subsequent connects
per child, and then exits and respawns that child.

Afaik MAXCHILDREN is not used at all.

So if you're looking for intelligent pre-forking of children, or even
simply linear scaling of children to accept incoming connects, look no
further; it not there.

We do indeed need a smart setup which will allow deployment of dbmail in
hostile environments.

Paul Stevens mailto:paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP PGP: finger paul@nfg.nl
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl