Mailing List Archive

Re: [Dbmail] Wow 1.2 is nice but found a few things.
On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 20:16 Europe/Amsterdam, Paul J Stevens
wrote:
> Brett (Mare) Henley wrote:
>> I built Postgres7.4Beta (yes I know it's beta code) for the db. And
>> tried to
>> I used thunderbird 0.2 as my mail agent to test out the imap4
>> functions. and
>> I'm not sure if i'm not abusing the system or what.
>> imap worked, it slowly fed the message list to thunderbird and
>> after about
>> 30 minutes I had all 5255 messages. (Yes I used a very huge mailbox)
>
> Not so very huge. Your tables are braindead if you're using the
> default schema. The mysql version was much improved and postgres will
> like dbmail better if you add:
>
> create index name_idx on mailboxes(name);
> create index owner_id_idx on mailboxes(owner_idnr);
> create index is_subscribed_idx on mailboxes(is_subscribed);
> create index mailbox_id_idx on messages(mailbox_idnr);
> create index seen_flag_idx on messages(seen_flag);
> create index unique_id_idx on messages(unique_id);
> create index status_idx on messages(status);
>
> alter table messages add foreign key (mailbox_idnr) references
> mailboxes(mailbox_idnr) on delete cascade;
> alter table mailboxes add foreign key (owner_idnr) references
> users(user_idnr) on delete cascade;
> alter table messageblks add foreign key (message_idnr) references
> messages(message_idnr) on delete cascade;
>
> Ilja: fix the tables for postgres perhaps ?

The tables are fixed in CVS. For people using the DBMail 1.2 release:
I've
put Paul's SQL-script on http://www.dbmail.org so you can download it,
and
run it against your PostgreSQL DBMail database.

This update script can also be found in the sql/postgresql/ directory in
the sources in CVS.

I guess we need the same alterations for 2.0? Paul?

Ilja