Mailing List Archive

important update of debian packages
Hi all,

I'm close to having dbmail uploaded for inclusion into the main
debian archives. If things go smoothly we might even make it into the
upcoming sarge release.

Debian policy forced me to use the latest released tarball, i.e.
dbmail-1.1. I've patched this version to match the current CVS state,
adding some minor tweaks of my own.

All you folks out here using the debian packages as published on
debian.nfgd.net should follow the procedure outlined below.

apt-get update
apt-get remove dbmail-mysql dbmail
apt-get install dbmail-mysql

or if you use the postgresql version:

apt-get update
apt-get remove dbmail-pgsql dbmail
apt-get install dbmail-pgsql

The dbmail package was dropped, leaving only the dbmail-mysql and
dbmail-pgsql packages.

Debconf support was improved and now supports dutch and italian locales.

I'm still seeing problems with restarting the daemons on busy systems. I
think this is a bug in dbmail proper, and I've filed a bug on the sf.net
tracker. Can't wait to see this bug in debian's bugtracker ;-)

Until this package hits the main debian archive, keep on using:

deb http://debian.nfgd.net/debian unstable/

for you apt pleasure.

regards,

Paul Stevens mailto:paul@nfg.nl