Mailing List Archive

event with file attachment - iCal4 (iCal3)
Hello together,

is it fully implemented to attach a file to an event already? In the
wiki I do not found any information for this feature.

With iCal3 we can not attach a file.
With iCal4 we can attach a file but only the owner can open it.
The switch "other person may organize files" is set. Invited persons see
this attached file but have no access for it (greyed out) and can not
attach an other own file.

Our setup:
davical 0.9.9 server,
iCal4 and few iCal3 clients.

I found RFC 4791 Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV) Section 8.5
and RFC 2445 iCalendar Section 4.8.1.1
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt

Thank you for information.

Regards

--
Benjamin Hagemann
Systemadministrator
benjamin.hagemann at servicereisen.de
http://www.servicereisen.de

SERVICE-REISEN Heyne GmbH & Co. KG
R?dgener Str. 12, 35394 Giessen

eingetragen beim AG Giessen HRA 1333
pers?nlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Heyne GmbH, eingetragen beim AG Giessen HRB 2163
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Kristiane Heyne-Strauch, Karl Heyne
event with file attachment - iCal4 (iCal3) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 09:11 +0200, Benjamin Hagemann wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> is it fully implemented to attach a file to an event already? In the
> wiki I do not found any information for this feature.
>
> With iCal3 we can not attach a file.
> With iCal4 we can attach a file but only the owner can open it.
> The switch "other person may organize files" is set. Invited persons see
> this attached file but have no access for it (greyed out) and can not
> attach an other own file.

Hi Benjamin,

iCal4 has it's own way of sending file attachments to the CalDAV server,
and there has been some discussion at CalConnect about a standard method
of attaching files to events via CalDAV. Difficulties arise due to
access control vs. bandwidth use vs. having only a single copy...

It's likely that I will implement some support for the method iCal4 uses
(which is by no means perfect), but there are other more urgent (to me)
features I would like to see added to DAViCal sooner.

Cheers,
Andrew McMillan.

> Our setup:
> davical 0.9.9 server,
> iCal4 and few iCal3 clients.
>
> I found RFC 4791 Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV) Section 8.5
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4791#section-8.5
> and RFC 2445 iCalendar Section 4.8.1.1
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt
>
> Thank you for information.
>
> Regards

Flexibility is overrated. Constraints are liberating.