Mailing List Archive

Invitations not working.
Hi,

Andrew McMillan schrieb am 22.04.2010 12:05 Uhr:
> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 18:47 +0200, Edi ?UC wrote:

>> I'm using DAViCal 0.9.9-0 on Debian Lenny. The client side is
>> Thunderbird 3.0 w/ Lightning 1.0b1 (Linux). I can't make the
>> invitations working. I've tried everything that came to mind, but I
>> never get an invitation mail from the event creator. I've set full
>> permissions (default and/or principal) to both parties. I've sent
>> invitations to users with the calendar in DAViCal (free/busy is
>> working) and to users that don't. Nobody gets the invitation. I don't
>> know where else to look. Where can I get more information on how the
>> invitation system works. Who is responsible for sending invitations
>> (the DAViCal server or the client - Lightning/Thunderbird)?
>
> With Lightning (as I understand it) the mail client should be sending
> the invitation message - it isn't done on the server, and they have not
> yet implemented support for CalDAV scheduling, although there have been
> plans to for some time.
>

>> The interesting part is, that this feature seemed to work a week ago
>> when I installed the system for testing (I've sent an invitation to
>> myself and I received an email). Now even if I invite myself I don't
>> get the mail.
>
> It is possible that in adding the support for server-side invitation
> processing, that something is going wrong with lightning, both failing
> to correctly do the server-side process, and also failing to realise it
> should do it client-side :-(
>
> I'll see if I can duplicate the problem here.
>

>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Exactly what the Mozilla folk are saying too! :-)
I have to come back to this.
It occurs to me that Lightning 0.9 (TB 2.0.0.x) can not /accept/
invitations to Davical calendars. In the accept dialog there are only
local calendars displayed, none of the Davical calendars. If there is
only one local calendar and Davical calendar, Lighting picks the local
one without asking.
Is this related to this issue?
How to avoid this, can I deactivate the "support for server-side
invitation processing"? [Even in Lightning maybe.]
As it is, this is really bad. :(

Marc
Invitations not working. [ In reply to ]
This seems to be fixed as of Thunderbird 3.1 with Lightning 1.0b2; so I
suggest you upgrade now.

Regards,
Norbert P?schel

--
networker, projektberatung GmbH
Kirchstr. 11a

Tel.: 02224/986158
Fax: 02224/986174
Mobil: 0163/5768493
Invitations not working. [ In reply to ]
I am running

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100608
Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1

and still cannot send any invitations by email. Is there a way to debug
this?

There is nothing on the Thunderbird error console, and I am wondering
where the email would get send from: Davical or Thunderbird via the default
SMTP servers?

Thanks, Achim

Invitations not working. [ In reply to ]
Am 29.06.2010 16:49, schrieb Achim:
> I am running
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100608
> Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1
>
> and still cannot send any invitations by email. Is there a way to debug
> this?
>
> There is nothing on the Thunderbird error console, and I am wondering
> where the email would get send from: Davical or Thunderbird via the default
> SMTP servers?
>
> Thanks, Achim

same problem here with thunderbird 3.0.5 and 3.1, using davical 0.9.9.
When I add an email-Address to the invite-list, then lightning shows the
users in the event-view. But the activated check-box ist greyed-out.
(The checkbox where I normally could decide, whether i want to invite
the people via e-mail or not)

The interessting thing is:
When I remove my calender from my thunderbird+lightning, and replace it
by my old davical server URL, then the checkbox is not greyed out!

So the behavior of Thunderbird+Lightning depends on the davical version
resp. the available caldav features...

HELPING HEADS for Hard- and Software
Fuer Ihre Projekte entwickeln wir massgeschneiderte Loesungen - schnell,
flexibel und direkt vor Ort. Unser eingespieltes Team an erfahrenen Hard-
und Software-Spezialisten unterstuetzt Sie dort, wo Sie uns brauchen.

SysDesign GmbH
Saentisstrasse 25
D-88079 Kressbronn am Bodensee

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Franz Kleiner
Handelsregister: Ulm 632138
Invitations not working. [ In reply to ]
Hello Markus:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:37:24 +0200, Markus Tallowitz
<MTallowitz at sysdesign-edv.de> wrote:
> same problem here with thunderbird 3.0.5 and 3.1, using davical 0.9.9.
> When I add an email-Address to the invite-list, then lightning shows the

> users in the event-view. But the activated check-box ist greyed-out.
> (The checkbox where I normally could decide, whether i want to invite
> the people via e-mail or not)
>
> The interessting thing is:
> When I remove my calender from my thunderbird+lightning, and replace it
> by my old davical server URL, then the checkbox is not greyed out!
>
> So the behavior of Thunderbird+Lightning depends on the davical version
> resp. the available caldav features...

I have email notification working now with the following fix that Fabien
suggested a few days ago:

Change the standard dav_header from the source code by eliminating the
"calendar-auto-schedule" option. Take care to check against changes in the
standard dav_header (in htdocs/caldav.php) with every update.

$c->override_dav_header = '1, 2, access-control, calendar-access,
calendar-schedule, extended-mkcol, calendar-proxy, bind';

Another interesting observation for Lightning is that it always uses the
username for checking the calendar, *but* that you can select the address
from which te invitation originates freely from any of the identities that
yuo configured in Thunderbird.

I will post a couple of odds and ends between Lightning and iCal now.
Invitations not working. [ In reply to ]
Achim,

Achim schrieb am 30.06.2010 14:23 Uhr:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:37:24 +0200, Markus Tallowitz
> <MTallowitz at sysdesign-edv.de> wrote:
>> same problem here with thunderbird 3.0.5 and 3.1, using davical 0.9.9.
>> When I add an email-Address to the invite-list, then lightning shows the
>> users in the event-view. But the activated check-box ist greyed-out.
>> (The checkbox where I normally could decide, whether i want to invite
>> the people via e-mail or not)
> I have email notification working now with the following fix that Fabien
> suggested a few days ago:
Oh, this was in another thread as I see now.

> Change the standard dav_header from the source code by eliminating the
> "calendar-auto-schedule" option. Take care to check against changes in the
> standard dav_header (in htdocs/caldav.php) with every update.
>
> $c->override_dav_header = '1, 2, access-control, calendar-access,
> calendar-schedule, extended-mkcol, calendar-proxy, bind';
This solves my Lightning 0.9 problem, thank you!

> Another interesting observation for Lightning is that it always uses the
> username for checking the calendar, *but* that you can select the address
> from which te invitation originates freely from any of the identities that
> yuo configured in Thunderbird.
Yes, this is in the configuration wizard when setting up an calendar.
This is very useful, if you have - say - a project calendar and a
project mail account side by side with your personal ones in TB; as you
can only authenticate as one user to one davical server. You may want to
send project invitations with the project email address.

Marc