Mailing List Archive

PDO error - what am I missing?
Hi all,
I'm getting this message when I try to connect to my freshly installed
Davical server:

Fatal error: PDO connection error 'pgsql:dbname=davical user=davical_app
port=5432 host=localhost password=davical_app': could not find driver in
/usr/share/davical/inc/AwlDBDialect.php on line 85

What driver am I missing?

Debian Etch (yes I know it's old)
php-5.2.9
httpd-2.2.11
pgsql-8.3.9

libawl-php 0.43-0
davical 0.9.9-0

Loaded Modules
core prefork http_core mod_so mod_authn_file mod_authn_dbm
mod_authn_anon mod_authn_dbd mod_authn_default mod_authz_host
mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_user mod_authz_dbm mod_authz_owner
mod_authnz_ldap mod_authz_default mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest mod_dbd
mod_ext_filter mod_include mod_filter mod_substitute mod_deflate
util_ldap mod_log_config mod_log_forensic mod_logio mod_env
mod_mime_magic mod_cern_meta mod_expires mod_headers mod_ident
mod_usertrack mod_unique_id mod_setenvif mod_ssl mod_mime mod_dav
mod_status mod_autoindex mod_asis mod_info mod_cgi mod_dav_fs
mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_imagemap mod_actions
mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_dav_svn mod_authz_svn
mod_ntlm mod_perl mod_php5

--
Lesley Longhurst (previously Walker)
Linux Systems Administrator
Emaillesley.longhurst at opus.co.nz
Tel +64 4 471 7002, Fax +64 4 473 3017
http://www.opus.co.nz
Level 9 Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, PO Box 12 343
Wellington, New Zealand
PDO error - what am I missing? [ In reply to ]
On 21/06/10 16:24, Lesley Longhurst wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm getting this message when I try to connect to my freshly installed
> Davical server:
>
> Fatal error: PDO connection error 'pgsql:dbname=davical user=davical_app
> port=5432 host=localhost password=davical_app': could not find driver in
> /usr/share/davical/inc/AwlDBDialect.php on line 85
>
> What driver am I missing?

Let me re-phrase the question .

What do I have to install to get the PDO driver for pgsql?

PDO error - what am I missing? [ In reply to ]
You have to build it at the same time you are building php ( see .configure for that )
Or you can try to build pdo pdo_pgsql with the pecl

--

Bruno Friedmann
PDO error - what am I missing? [ In reply to ]
On 21/06/10 17:15, Lesley Longhurst wrote:

> Let me re-phrase the question .
> What do I have to install to get the PDO driver for pgsql?

Never mind, I found the answer. It turns out we need to recompile PHP
with |--with-pdo-pgsql turned on|.