It would be nice to see if the participant accept or reject the
inviting.

Is it possible to use the Messaging System inside iCal?

Inviting with Apples iCal [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Am 24.05.2010 um 10:39 schrieb Michael Hoffmann:
> Is working fine. We have many Apple Computers so working with iCal
> is a
> must.

+1 from me. ;-)

I stumbled over that problem some month ago, and as far I understood
it ist not possible at all at the moment ("Re: [DAViCal-general]
Davical & Apple's iCal calendar client." from March 1 2010)

I don?t want to be pushy or unfriendly, a shared calendar system
without working invitations is completely useless for us, so I dropped
the complete migration until the circumstances change.

Bye,
J?rg