Mailing List Archive

Patch: allow 2 or more calendar in Mozilla Lighting
On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 18:17 +0200, Achim J. Latz wrote:
> Hello Oliver:
>
> On Sun, 09 May 2010 11:44:09 -0600, "Oliver Schulze L."
> <oliver at samera.com.py> wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with Mozilla Lighting. I can only use 1 calendar
> > per davical server because davical sent always the same HTTP auth realm
> header. So I
> > changed that header to show the username. This way, Mozilla can add more
> entries in
> > his password manager.
>
> Thanks for this. I am using lightning, but haven't yet found a problem
> subscribing to several calendars, at least with the same user name. I
> think the problem arises if you want to subscribe to calendars from
> different users on the same server.

The normal approach when subscribing to another person's calendar, is to
use your own credentials to do so and ensure that the other person has
granted you some permission to see their events.

That DAViCal sends the same auth realm for every URL on the server is
correct behaviour, otherwise you would be prompted for your
username/password for *every* calendar, which is very silly if it's
always the same username.

I've yet to hear a clear description of why you would want to subscribe
to each calendar as a different user, and bypass the whole permission
model. I'm willing to accept that there might be, however, and if this
patch is made non-default behaviour to be controlled with a
configuration setting, and it can be explained to me why it is needed,
I'll happily add it.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Q: What is purple and commutes?