Mailing List Archive

reverse proxy- part 2
The firewall is not the problem. All of the methods (PUT,PROPFIND, etc...) go though without a hitch. Calendars show up properly on the client and I can add new events. The only problem is when I delete an event from my calendar, using the secure front server, the entire collection related to that event gets deleted. If I set my calendar client directly to the internal server on the intranet, everything works fine. Here is a schematic of my installation:

I-------------internal connection(5) ----I
I I
secure https(1) <----> internal server(2) <---- client computer(3) I
I I
I------------------------------4 (secure connection) --------I

-When I use an internal connection (5) to the internal server (2) from the client (3), the Apache logs on the internal server (2) for a Delete request shows something like:
-DELETE /davical/caldav.php/joblow/home/12345-abcd-67890.ics

-When I use the secure https connection (4) to the secure https apache server (1) from the client(3), the Apache logs on the secure https apache server shows something like:
-DELETE /davical/caldav.php/joblow/home/

Therefore in the second case, the entire collection gets erased. Curiously enough, adding a new event on the client calendar works fine in both cases and you can actually see in the PUT method in both servers logs as well as the .ICS file generated.

Why would the secure https Apache server drop the .ICS file in the case of a DELETE method? Is there some special options to select on the secure server? This server works fine as a reverse proxy with all the other ressources we make available for outside use (such as Mantis Bug Tracker).

Thank you for your time,

Jacques

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
reverse proxy- part 2 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 13:04 -0400, Jacques Morrisseau wrote:

> -When I use an internal connection (5) to the internal server (2) from
> the client (3), the Apache logs on the internal server (2) for a
> Delete request shows something like:
> -DELETE /davical/caldav.php/joblow/home/12345-abcd-67890.ics
>
> -When I use the secure https connection (4) to the secure https apache
> server (1) from the client(3), the Apache logs on the secure https
> apache server shows something like:
> -DELETE /davical/caldav.php/joblow/home/
>
> Therefore in the second case, the entire collection gets erased.
> Curiously enough, adding a new event on the client calendar works fine
> in both cases and you can actually see in the PUT method in both
> servers logs as well as the .ICS file generated.
>
> Why would the secure https Apache server drop the .ICS file in the
> case of a DELETE method? Is there some special options to select on
> the secure server? This server works fine as a reverse proxy with all
> the other ressources we make available for outside use (such as Mantis
> Bug Tracker).

Yeah, I have no idea why the DELETE is applying against the wrong URL.

Is it the client software which is generating the DELETE against the
wrong URL, or is it something which is happening to the request as it
goes through the proxy?

The reason for my question about methods was because if the client has
partially switched to a different mode, because of some missing response
or something weird like that.

Of course DAViCal is operating correctly, to be deleting the collection
when receiving a DELETE on the collection URL, but I have no idea why
the client would be doing that...

Cheers,
Andrew.

Future looks spotty. You will spill soup in late evening.