I tested squid pam_auth but can get the user to login.

How can I authenticate the user using /etc/passwd?

Many thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.
Asuncion - Paraguay
http://tinymailto.com/oliver
About pam auth and gentent user db [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I could get pam_auth to work with apache and exec() so I created a new
authentication
method calle imap_pam

It validates the password using a local imap server and get the user
info from
the getent passwd command.

Here is the patch:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2997985&group_id=179845&atid=890787

I tested in Centos 5, dovecot, imap ssl

HTH
Oliver

El 02/05/2010 18:51, Oliver Schulze L. escribi?:

--
Oliver Schulze L.
Asuncion - Paraguay

About pam auth and gentent user db [ In reply to ]
I mean, I could not get pam_auth to work.

Sorry about the typo.

Oliver

El 06/05/2010 20:17, Oliver Schulze L. escribi?:

--
Oliver Schulze L.
Asuncion - Paraguay

About pam auth and gentent user db [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 20:17 -0600, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> Hi,
> I could get pam_auth to work with apache and exec() so I created a new
> authentication method called imap_pam
>
> It validates the password using a local imap server and get the user
> info from the getent passwd command.
>
> Here is the patch:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2997985&group_id=179845&atid=890787
>
> I tested in Centos 5, dovecot, imap ssl

Thanks Oliver, I might use this one myself :-)

Cheers,
Andrew.

Never look up when dragons fly overhead.