Mailing List Archive

[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Debian Lenny, davical upgrade to 0.9.9 - cannot write to calendar?
Fabien Zouaoui wrote:
> Le 24/04/2010 01:22, Tony Sequeira a ?crit :
>
>> I use the standard repository http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian.
>>
>> After the upgrade, the calendar is unwritable, with no errors I can
>> see. Creating an event seems to go OK,
>> but the event never appears in the calendar.
>>
>> Client Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10), with Lightning
>> 0.9 installed from Ubuntu's repository. Lightning build 2009100813.
>>
>> This was working well, until the upgrade last weekend, since when I
>> cannot create an event.
>>
>> Responding to an invitation, pops up an empty dialogue box 'Which
>> calendar do you want to import these items into?', no calendar to
>> select. If I disable read-only on one of my other web calendars, the
>> event appears to get created in that web-calendar.
>>
>> I've done the usual search, with no result.
>>
>> The only thing I recall going awry with the upgrade was me running the
>> database upgrade script twice. Long story.l
>>
>> How do I track this down?
>>
>> Regards.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the same repository with debian lenny.
>
> I had some problems to upgrade the database : running
> update-davical-database script gave me a lot of errors about permissions.
>
> I have to connect to my database with the postgres user and manualy
> change the owner of some tables ("principal", "sync_tokens",
> "sync_changes" and "grants") to davical_dba (these tables was owned by
> postgres).
>
> Perhaps you are experiencing the same problem.

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for the answer, I've just had a look, and davical_dba is the
owner of all objects in the database.

So it's not that.

Further info, I can create an event, through the lightning interface,
and it does get there, I cannot create an event from an email
invitation, haven't tried an update yet. This may be a
Mozilla/Lightning problem, I believe there was a Ubuntu update recently.

When I have some time, I'll debug Mozilla and see if that gives me any
more info.

Regards.

--
S. Anthony Sequeira