Mailing List Archive

Apple and Davical permissions
Hi!

Everybody knows that Apple devices, need readwrite privilege on
principal in order to access to a shared calendar/addressbook of a
different user on it's principal. That's clear or they don't sync.

But it should be possible to have a calendar where you give read or
read-write permission to another user and another calendar or another
ones, where you don't give permissions to that user. I could want to
have a public calendar and a private one!.

Mac OS, seems not to behave properly when it has permissions on only one
principal's calendar or addressbook but not in all of them. Have you
ever seen something like this?.

Could you know the appropiate way of handling it?.

Best regards,

--

EGOITZ AURREKOETXEA
Dpto. de sistemas

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario
hacerlo.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.sarenet.es
Re: Apple and Davical permissions [ In reply to ]
I'm checcking all these.. but... can't really believe that you can't
have :

sharing user -> calendar_a and calendar_b

user with permissions granted in sharing user principal -> read and
write to calendar_a but no permissions con calendar_b due to sharing
user's privacy.

The real truth is that I have 50 delegations, 50 accounts sharing to a
group if this same 50 accounts and with this configuration but... it
should be a pretty tipical configuration...

Has never had issues with it and Apple devices?.

Any help really appreciated.

Regards,

Re: Apple and Davical permissions [ In reply to ]
The issues we are facing basically is that the user with permissions in
a shared calendar, ends up by not being able to write in that calendar,
although having events synced is possible.

And if we reboot that Mac computer, it sometimes works a couple of
times...

It's like after X number of fails it couldn't sync for writing
anymore...

Honestly I'm trying to think a solution... even if patching Davical for
behaving "specially" with Apple clients but... there's not an ideal
solution...

Have you ever suffered an effect like this?.

Thanks mates,

Bye!

---

Re: Apple and Davical permissions [ In reply to ]
?Hi Egoitz,
Apple clients suck big time: on Ventura the Calendar app crashes on entering a location. Here
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254451757?page=2"]https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254451757?page=2
people allegedly spoke to Apple Support directly and they don’t intend to fix it. So CalDAV at all (same with e.g. Synology-Servers) will have a Hard time with Apple Standard Software. So I would not give too much hope this could be fixed on the davical end. ????
Cheers!
Tino

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Dpto. de sistemas 944 209 470 egoitz@sarenet.es http://www.sarenet.es"]www.sarenet.es Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103

Re: Apple and Davical permissions [ In reply to ]
Hey Egoitz,

Can you please try raising a support ticket with Apple about this? Although, as Tino implies, I
wouldn't hold out much hope.

We do have a few things to handle Apple software (and others!), if a solution could be determined
here, then we can certainly look at it.

Kind regards,
Andrew

On Wed, 2023-06-07 at 15:57 +0200, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Everybody knows that Apple devices, need readwrite privilege on principal in order to access to a
> shared calendar/addressbook of a different user on it's principal. That's clear or they don't
> sync.
> But it should be possible to have a calendar where you give read or read-write permission to
> another user and another calendar or another ones, where you don't give permissions to that user.
> I could want to have a public calendar and a private one!.
> Mac OS, seems not to behave properly when it has permissions on only one principal's calendar or
> addressbook but not in all of them. Have you ever seen something like this?.
> Could you know the appropiate way of handling it?.
>
> Best regards,
> --
>
> sarenet
> Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
> Dpto. de sistemas
> 944 209 470
> egoitz@sarenet.es
> www.sarenet.es
> Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
> 48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
> servicios sarenet
>

> Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
andrew@etc.gen.nz |
Catalyst Cloud: | This space intentionally left blank
https://catalystcloud.nz |
Re: Apple and Davical permissions [ In reply to ]
Hi!
Thanks a lot mates. It’s honestly a so huge bug IMHO so that… I suppose perhaps a workaround could exist….
Could you know it?.
Thank you so much to both mates ????????

Egoitz,
[...]

Davical-general mailing list
Davical-general@lists.sourceforge.net

Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand andrew@etc.gen.nz | Catalyst Cloud: | This space intentionally left blank https://catalystcloud.nz | ATENCION