Mailing List Archive

How to retrieve specific properties of a VEVENT (retrieved by it's UID) using CALDAV:calendar-data ?
Hi,

my goal is to retrieve only specific properties of a VEVENT (retrieved
by it's UID) using CALDAV:calendar-data.

I'm launching a REPORT request [4] with a CALDAV:calendar-data element
as defined in file /tmp/request.xml line 4 to 10 [4] in order to get
only the SUMMARY field of a VEVENT (retrieved by it's UID) [3]. However,
all the corresponding VEVENT properties are returned and not only the
SUMMARY property as specified.

In the example of RFC4791 section 7.8.1 [1], a REPORT request is made
with the CALDAV:calendar-data XML Element (RFC4791 section 9.6 [2]) to
specify the parts of a calendar object resource that should be returned
by a calendaring report.

How could we achieve this goal using Davical ?
Moreover, could we also request an application specific property like
NOTE instead of standard property like SUMMARY ?

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4791#section-7.8.1

[2] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4791#section-9.6

[3] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4791#section-7.8.6

[4] curl -u "$CAL_USER:$CAL_PASSWD" -X REPORT -d @/tmp/request.xml
"https://localhost/davical/caldav.php/$CAL_USER/calendar" --insecure

file /tmp/request.xml content

1 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
2 <C:calendar-query xmlns:C="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"
xmlns:D="DAV:">
3 <D:prop>
4 <C:calendar-data>
5 <C:comp name="VCALENDAR">
6 <C:comp name="VEVENT">
7 <C:prop name="SUMMARY"/>
8 </C:comp>
9 </C:comp>
10 </C:calendar-data>
11 </D:prop>
12 <C:filter>
13 <C:comp-filter name="VCALENDAR">
14 <C:comp-filter name="VEVENT">
15 <C:prop-filter name="UID">
16 <C:text-match
collation="i;octet">awVhW1V2-5O3y-1jtQ-9h1A-wnJ241UtyFZo</C:text-match>
17 </C:prop-filter>
18 </C:comp-filter>
19 </C:comp-filter>
20 </C:filter>