Mailing List Archive

Failed to show the administration page
Dear community,

I was to constrained to renew my davical installation because a hardware
crash happened.

Now I have a Raspberry PI 3B+ with Raspbian Buster updated and upgraded to
the end.

PostGreSQL is 11.0, PHP 7.3 and Apache 2.4. All installations runs and I can
work with psql or display a simple php-site like phpinfo.php.

I followed the instructions of the installation page step by step,
installing the davical database from github and created it, got the
password.

When browse to the administration page from a pc or handy, the browser shows
following error message:

Exception [0] Call to undefined function iconv()

At line 569 of /usr/share/awl/inc/AWLUtilities.php

================= Stack Trace ===================

/usr/share/davical/htdocs/index.php[10] include()

/usr/share/davical/htdocs/always.php[178] include_once()

/usr/share/awl/inc/AWLUtilities.php[572] define_byte_mappings()

I?m not able to understand such a message. Browsers are Chrome and Edge.

Please help.

Best regards, Stefan
Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
Hello,

it seems you are missing php iconv function. Does your installation
include PHP iconv module (or any other module which includes iconv
function? Due to no experience with Raspberry I can't say which one, sorry).

Tomas.

D?a 12. 9. 2021 o 11:43 mm@zuhause-dd.de napísal(a):

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
Am 12.09.21 um 11:43 schrieb mm@zuhause-dd.de:

> I followed the instructions of the installation page step by step,
> installing the ?davical database from github and created it, got the
> password.
>
> When browse to the administration page from a pc or handy, the browser
> shows following error message:
>
> Exception [0] Call to undefined function iconv()
>
> At line 569 of /usr/share/awl/inc/AWLUtilities.php

Quick test, in a terminal (shell) type

dpkg -S iconv | grep php

Here I then get "$ php7.2-common: ?" This package should be installed.

HTH, Asa

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
Hi Stefan,

can you try

php -i | grep iconv

on the command line and see if you get something like

iconv support => enabled
iconv implementation => glibc
iconv library version => 2.24
iconv.input_encoding => no value => no value
iconv.internal_encoding => no value => no value
iconv.output_encoding => no value => no value

back?

Grüße!

Tino

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

thanks for Your help and hints.

I had a lack in the php7.3 installation and reinstalled the php7.3-common, so the error no more occurs.

But now the apache don´t execute the script, only shows the source.

I think, now I´m better looking in apache-php forums because this is not a davical problem.

Have a nice day!

Regards Stefan

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
That sounds like you're missing the package with the PHP module for Apache
- it should be libapache2-mod-php7.4 (the "7.4" bit will change depending
on your version of PHP). Just install that package and it should work. Not
sure, but you may have to restart Apache after installing it.

Ray.

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
Hello Ray,

this works!! Thanks for Your help!

A php-script like the wide known infophp.php is executed by Apache2.

So I think davical must also work. But I get a html error 500: At the moment the site don’t works. 500 may a lot of errors.

I checked all the steps of the installation site, but didn´t found a difference. May be it’s a problem with rights?

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
Stefan,

without any logs (fragments) or screenshots it’s hard to be of any help.

Best,

Tino

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
On 14/09/2021 19:03, mm@zuhause-dd.de wrote:
> Hello Ray,
>
> this works!! Thanks for Your help!
>
> A php-script like the wide known infophp.php is executed by Apache2.
>
> So I think davical must also work. But I get a html error 500: At the
> moment the site don’t works. 500 may a lot of errors.
>
> I checked all the steps of the installation site, but didn´t found a
> difference. May be it’s a problem with rights?

Guten Morgen Stefan,

You'll need to check the logs - 500 is a server-side error. On Debian,
Apache logs should be in /var/log/aapache2, though if you configured a
vhost for your Davical installation you may have set a location for
those specific logs. PostgreSQL logs are by default in (e.g. for
PostgreSQL 13) /var/log/postgresql/13/main. Finally, I think PHP on
Debian logs by default to syslog, but I find it useful to configure a
separate log file location - edit /etc/php/7.4/apache2.php.ini (change
"7.4" to your PHP version) and set the error_log directive.

I hope that this helps.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

Re: Failed to show the administration page [ In reply to ]
On 15/09/2021 11:09, Ray O'Donnell via Davical-general wrote:
> You'll need to check the logs - 500 is a server-side error. On Debian,
> Apache logs should be in /var/log/aapache2, though if you configured a

It should of course be /var/log/apache2

Ray.