Mailing List Archive

newbie question
On 04/14/2010 07:57 PM, Ian Miller wrote:

> I have just configured the application on a centOS 5 system. I received an error about not being able to connect to the database and found I had not configured the /etc/davical/hostname-conf.php file. After doing so and restarting apache the website is now blank with no error. Could some point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this one. I am a little rusty on my linux so please bear with me.
> thanks for any help in advanced.
> -m

quick check :
Just verify you doesn't have nothing after the closing php tag ?> you could even shoot it (normally new version doesn't have it )

try to launch the index.php with the cli interface so you should have more errors shown, and check apache log ( especially the
error_log )

--

Bruno Friedmann
newbie question [ In reply to ]
I have just configured the application on a centOS 5 system. I received an error about not being able to connect to the database and found I had not configured the /etc/davical/hostname-conf.php file. After doing so and restarting apache the website is now blank with no error. Could some point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this one. I am a little rusty on my linux so please bear with me.
thanks for any help in advanced.
-m

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
newbie question [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the help
It turned out to be a php.ini config error
Know I am trying to run the create-database.sh file and it will not let me authenticate the DB (postgres 8.4). It keeps asking for a password which it will not take. I'm logged in as the postgres user and the rights on the file are set to global execution. The
The DB is listening on port 5432 and my firewall is off. The DB is local to the system the software is installed on. I believe I've configured the DB correctly.

-m

newbie question [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:29:19 -0500
Ian Miller <mindspelunker at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the help
> It turned out to be a php.ini config error
> Know I am trying to run the create-database.sh file and it will not let me authenticate the DB (postgres 8.4). It keeps asking for a password which it will not take. I'm logged in as the postgres user and the rights on the file are set to global execution. The
> The DB is listening on port 5432 and my firewall is off. The DB is local to the system the software is installed on. I believe I've configured the DB correctly.

1) Create this file with proper contents
/etc/davical/administration.yml
##
## The database username for connecting with sufficient rights to create
## tables, functions and granting access to other users.
admin_db_user: davical_dba

##
## The password. Leading and trailling spaces are stripped, so don't
## do that
admin_db_pass: big_secret

##
## The hostname/IP. Not needed if using unix sockets to a local server.
#admin_db_host: 2401:170:20:17::1024:0
#admin_db_host: 172.17.217.2
#admin_db_host: foo.bar.tld

##
## The database name
admin_db_name: davical

##
## The database port. Not needed if it is the default '5432'
#admin_db_port: 5432

##
## The name of the database user the web application uses to connect
app_db_user: davical_app

2) cd /usr/share/davical/dba
3) sudo ./create-database.sh

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Write clearly - don't sacrifice clarity for "efficiency".
- The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)