Mailing List Archive

Davical on Debian Squeeze
Basically you have two choice
remove the
php_value open_basedir 1

it's wrong !

the other is to setup correctly
php_value open_basedir '/usr/share/davical;/usr/share/awl;/tmp;' and any needed directory

--

Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net S?rl
2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

T?l : ++41 32 435 7171
Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
www.ioda-net.ch

Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
www.cfcel.com
Davical on Debian Squeeze [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone

[...]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Davical on Debian Squeeze [ In reply to ]
Depending as well on your setup, you may need to put in your
open_basedir "/etc/davical/"

Le 25/03/2010 7:55 AM, Bruno Friedmann a ?crit :

Davical on Debian Squeeze [ In reply to ]
Ehm, not sure how to reply to this?

Anyways I really dont understand what you guys mean with the open_basedir stuff. How should I put it in the vhost container?
Here is some of my vhost container:

Alias /images/ /usr/share/davical/htdocs/images/
php_value include_path /usr/share/awl/inc
php_value magic_quotes_gpc 1
php_value register_globals 1
#php_value open_basedir 0

I can now login, but I get some errors in the header:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php:39) in /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php on line 126

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php:39) in /usr/share/davical/inc/page-header.php on line 35

Have no idea how to fix this. I almost dont understand php at all :(

But I can login as admin. But when I try to press any links, I need to login again. And according to the wiki I need to remove ?> in the /etc/davical/*-conf.php. But I dont have any there at all? Only at the start <?php

Davical on Debian Squeeze [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 21:11 +0100, Andreas Westvik wrote:

> Hi everyone
>

> Im about to finish the instalation of Davical on a Debian Squeeze
> setup.
> But when I visit the front end of davical I get this:
>

> Any tips?

Delete the open_basedir setting from the configuration. It's incorrect
for PHP 5.3, and may have been incorrect for earlier versions as well,
and normally people don't use open_basedir anyway.

Cheers,
Andrew.

> /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini shows ;open_basedir = (thats it)
>
> Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect.
> File(/usr/share/davical/htdocs/index.php) is not within the allowed
> path(s): (0) in Unknown on line 0
>
> Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in
> Unknown on line 0
>
> Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required
> '/usr/share/davical/htdocs/index.php' (include_path='/usr/share/awl/inc') in Unknown on line 0
>

> This is the vhost container:
>

> <VirtualHost *:80 >
> DocumentRoot /usr/share/davical/htdocs
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
> ServerName davical.somedomain.net
> ServerAlias calendar.somedomain.net
> <Directory /usr/share/davical/htdocs/>
> AllowOverride None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
> Alias /images/ /usr/share/davical/htdocs/images/
> php_value include_path /usr/share/awl/inc
> php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
> php_value register_globals 0
> php_value open_basedir 1
> </VirtualHost>
>

> When I access 192.168.0.1/davical I get the GUI, but I still see the
> same warnins in the top.
>

> -Andreas.

You will pass away very quickly.

Davical on Debian Squeeze [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 23:25 +0100, Andreas Westvik wrote:
> Ehm, not sure how to reply to this?
>

> Anyways I really dont understand what you guys mean with the
> open_basedir stuff. How should I put it in the vhost container?
> Here is some of my vhost container:
>

> Alias /images/ /usr/share/davical/htdocs/images/
> php_value include_path /usr/share/awl/inc
> php_value magic_quotes_gpc 1
> php_value register_globals 1
> #php_value open_basedir 0
>

> I can now login, but I get some errors in the header:
>

> Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the
> system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the
> date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In
> case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this
> warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
> selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
> in /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php on line 39

You can add a configuration file setting like:

$c->default_tzid = 'Pacific/Auckland';

to force a default timezone. I think the error indicates your system
timezone is not configured correctly, but I'm not completely sure of the
circumstances around why this setting is needed - just that it's there
for a reason :-)

> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php:39)
> in /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php on line 126
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at /usr/share/davical/inc/always.php:39)
> in /usr/share/davical/inc/page-header.php on line 35
>

> Have no idea how to fix this. I almost dont understand php at all :(
>

> But I can login as admin. But when I try to press any links, I need to
> login again. And according to the wiki I need to remove ?> in
> the /etc/davical/*-conf.php. But I dont have any there at all? Only at
> the start <?php

The problem happens because the cookie is set after the error messages
have started to be sent. New headers can't be sent, at that point, so
your browser never receives the login cookie.

You could also get rid of the problem by reducing your PHP error level
setting, and I certainly would not recommend running a production site
with warnings like the above displayed to the end user.

Cheers,
Andrew.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/ Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
Go to a movie tonight. Darkness becomes you.