Mailing List Archive

Stable release confusion / AWL compatibility
Hello,

does anybody know which version of Davical is currently considered
stable? The wiki's main page currently says that the latest Davical
release is 1.1.2 [1], but the Git repository suggests that 1.1.3.1 is
the latest release [2].

Also, is it safe to use AWL 0.55 with Davical versions other than the
latest one? Does anybody know if there have been incompatible changes in
AWL since the Davical Team took over development?

Thanks!

Tilman Blumenbach

[1] http://wiki.davical.org/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=3358
[2] https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/tags

Re: Stable release confusion / AWL compatibility [ In reply to ]
The "official" answer is still that 1.1.2 is the stable release. We were
hoping for more test results on 1.1.3.1 before declaring that one to be
officially the stable release. Our next support meeting is 15 December,
and the answer might change then.

I have always used the recommended AWL with the associated DAViCal,
which means that my production server uses 0.54 and my test server uses
0.55. I don't know enough about the differences to know whether 0.55
will work with the older versions or not; sorry.

-Jim

Re: Stable release confusion / AWL compatibility [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the answer, Jim!

I will use Davical 1.1.2 together with AWL 0.54 then. Maybe it would be
a good idea to mention the currently recommended AWL release in the wiki
and the Davical README as well? (Currently, the only place where this
seems to be mentioned is the package control file of the Davical Debian
package [1].)

Best,

Tilman

[1]