Mailing List Archive

Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails
Hi all,

I've been using DAViCal for years now with Linux/Windows/Android clients, and never had any trouble. Now I am trying to add existing accounts to an iOS8.1 device (iPad4), and it fails :-(

The calendar urls are like this:

https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/calendar/

and

https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/group1/group_calendar/

with user1/password1 used as credentials.

If I try to add these as iOS8.1 caldav accounts, the calendars are not synced, instead, the iOS8.1 device creates new collections on the server like this:

https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/D23EB30A-EE52-4C41-9815-67D142A38E81/

https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/group1/593271D3-015A-4250-B1FB-DADD0BE2A174/

which of course are empty.

In the apache logs I see a few accesses to the original urls, all later accesses use only a truncated url like https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/

If I look into the iOS8.1 device's settings, the url is indeed truncated. The calendar name is removed from the url.

Installed packets are davical 1.1.1, postgresql 9.3, apache 2.4.6 and php 5.5.1

I don't know what to do about this, many thanks for help!

Cheers,

Robert

--
Robert Senger <robert.senger@gmx.de>
PGP/GPG Public Key ID: 8714E1A3
Re: Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails [ In reply to ]
there is an update to a table you have do to - I had this problem too,
as I updated my iPhone to iOS 8.

Now I have no time - I search the Update this afternoon for you.

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using DAViCal for years now with Linux/Windows/Android clients, and never had any trouble. Now I am trying to add existing accounts to an iOS8.1 device (iPad4), and it fails :-(
>
> The calendar urls are like this:
>
> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/calendar/
>
> and
>
> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/group1/group_calendar/
>
> with user1/password1 used as credentials.
>
> If I try to add these as iOS8.1 caldav accounts, the calendars are not synced, instead, the iOS8.1 device creates new collections on the server like this:
>
> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/D23EB30A-EE52-4C41-9815-67D142A38E81/
>
> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/group1/593271D3-015A-4250-B1FB-DADD0BE2A174/
>
> which of course are empty.
>
> In the apache logs I see a few accesses to the original urls, all later accesses use only a truncated url like https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/
>
> If I look into the iOS8.1 device's settings, the url is indeed truncated. The calendar name is removed from the url.
>
> Installed packets are davical 1.1.1, postgresql 9.3, apache 2.4.6 and php 5.5.1
>
> I don't know what to do about this, many thanks for help!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Robert

Gruß Michael

...der auch immer die eierlegende Wollmilchsau sucht. Aber entweder sind
die Eier faul, die Wolle verfilzt oder die Sau gehört schon längst als
Gammelfleisch entsorgt

Re: Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails [ In reply to ]
Good morning,

There’s another easy solution. Remove the collections, access first to them from Apple devices. Connect later from the other ones.

Best regards,

Re: Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails [ In reply to ]
Hi!

same for me, as I was upgrading to iOS6 (4 years ago ;-) !

Do it as already desribed: create the calendars at an Apple device and
everything will be OK!

Regards
Christian

Re: Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

I will be happy if you find time to look for the update, thank you!

Cheers,

Robert

Re: Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails [ In reply to ]
Am 26.10.14 23:27, schrieb Robert Senger:

Hi Robert,

here is the link - sorry weekend :)

http://davical-general.89287.n3.nabble.com/Davical-general-iOS-7-fun-td4025793i20.html

Re: Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

thanks, that did the trick ;) Now I am struggling with shared
task/reminder collection, but that's another story...

Cheers,

Robert

Re: Adding existing calendar in iOS8.1 fails [ In reply to ]
hi,

perhaps a bit off-topic:
if you accept event-invites with iOS 8.x there is a bug which causes these
events _not_ to be synced back to the server but show up in iOS8. this is
officially ack'ed bug by apple care support.

will be fixed but not in version 8.2 ... *sigh*

cheers,
chris

--On Sonntag, Oktober 26, 2014 13:29:31 +0100 Christian 'Rana' Schlegel
<davical@ml.rana.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> same for me, as I was upgrading to iOS6 (4 years ago ;-) !
>
> Do it as already desribed: create the calendars at an Apple device and
> everything will be OK!
>
> Regards
> Christian
>
>> Good morning,
>

>> There’s another easy solution. Remove the collections, access first to
>> them from Apple devices. Connect later from the other ones.
>

>> Best regards,
>

>> El 24/10/2014, a las 7:57, Michael Grundmann <michael@linuxfox.de>
>> escribió:
>
>> Am 24.10.14 02:09, schrieb Robert Senger:
>

>> Hi Robert,
>
>> there is an update to a table you have do to - I had this problem too,
>> as I updated my iPhone to iOS 8.
>
>> Now I have no time - I search the Update this afternoon for you.
>

>> Hi all,
>
>> I've been using DAViCal for years now with Linux/Windows/Android clients,
>> and never had any trouble. Now I am trying to add existing accounts to an
>> iOS8.1 device (iPad4), and it fails :-(
>
>> The calendar urls are like this:
>
>> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/calendar/
>
>> and
>
>> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/group1/group_calendar/
>
>> with user1/password1 used as credentials.
>
>> If I try to add these as iOS8.1 caldav accounts, the calendars are not
>> synced, instead, the iOS8.1 device creates new collections on the server
>> like this:
>

>> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/D23EB30A-EE52-4C41-9815-67D1
>> 42A38E81/
>

>> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/group1/593271D3-015A-4250-B1FB-DAD
>> D0BE2A174/
>
>> which of course are empty.
>
>> In the apache logs I see a few accesses to the original urls, all later
>> accesses use only a truncated url like
>> https://mydomain.de/caldav/caldav.php/user1/
>
>> If I look into the iOS8.1 device's settings, the url is indeed truncated.
>> The calendar name is removed from the url.
>
>> Installed packets are davical 1.1.1, postgresql 9.3, apache 2.4.6 and
>> php 5.5.1
>
>> I don't know what to do about this, many thanks for help!
>
>> Cheers,
>
>> Robert

Christoph Steidl
Systems Engineer

netcar24 GmbH
Technologiezentrum Koblenz
Universitätsstrasse 3
56070 Koblenz

TEL: +49 261 - 88 54 300
FAX: +49 261 - 88 54 350

cs@netcar24.com
www.netcar24.com

An ARI Company
www.arifleet.de
www.arifleet.com

Geschäftsführer: Christopher G. Conroy
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Koblenz
Handelsregisternummer HRB 20055, Amtsgericht Koblenz

irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort netcar24 und

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
netcar24 immediately and delete this email from your system. Please note
that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses.
Although this message was scanned for viruses before being sent, the
company accepts no liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting
directly or indirectly from the access of this e-mail or any attached
files.