Mailing List Archive

tryting to upgrade to 0.9.8.1
Hi,

well, I kind of upgraded to 0.9.8.1 with a clean db and trying add a principal.

The thing is the pricipal name has a '-'(hyphen) in it like 'yy-yyyy'. Don't know if that is the problem, Th UI gives this error

Creating new Principal record.ERROR: ERROR: bit string length 25 does not match type bit(24)Home calendar added.

apache log shows this

http://www.xx-xxxx.com/cal/admin.php?action=edit&t=principal
[Thu
Mar 04 13:44:40 2010] [error] [client IP] davical: LOG: FieldOptions:
to_principal: Query: QF: ERROR: syntax error at or near ")" LINE 1:
...T IN (SELECT to_principal FROM grants WHERE by_principal = ) ^,
referer:
http://www.xx-xxxx.com/cal/admin.php?action=edit&t=principal

I managed to add a resource though. Any such naming restrictions on user name?

regards

pbk
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
tryting to upgrade to 0.9.8.1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

It seems, it does not matter if name contains a '-'(hyphen) or not. If I choose, 'All' permissions and try to create, it gives the error. Is group creation a must before a principal creation? The former interface though simple looking worked :(.

regards

pbk

tryting to upgrade to 0.9.8.1 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:11:21 -0500
Prabhakar Raju <prabhakar_raju at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It seems, it does not matter if name contains a '-'(hyphen) or not. If I choose, 'All' permissions and try to create, it gives the error. Is group creation a must before a principal creation? The former interface though simple looking worked :(.

It's a known bug. You cannot select all permissions.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: