After upgrade all data is gone - permission problem?
Hi

I've just upgraded to from davical version 0.9.7.6 to latest 0.9.8.3, it all went fine without any problem, accept
that all the user accounts seem to have lost their data. Although, when I log into the webinterface all calendars
are still there and I can download the ics file. So for me it looks like a permisson problem.

So my question is: how can I reset all permissions and how should a (simple) configuration (e.g one user with multiple calendars) look like?

Btw. I'm using Apache with BasicAuth and iCal as Client, but checked with sunbird and had same problem here..

Thanks & Cheers Tobi
After upgrade all data is gone - permission problem? [ In reply to ]
Hey Andrew
thanks for your fast reply. I just checked /setup.php - all requirements are fulfilled,
PHP PDO and the PDO PostgreSQL drivers are installed...

Any other idea, what cloud be wrong? Maybe I'm using BasicAuth in wrong way,
error log has entries like:

[28-Feb-2010 14:54:04] davical: ***: ERROR:Insufficient privileges for "/tobi/" of ""

thanks
Tobi

After upgrade all data is gone - permission problem? [ In reply to ]
Ok i got it sorted:
it was an issue with Basic Auth. I was running davical on apache with php5 via fastcgi.
due to that I had those two lines in my config file:

require_once('AuthPlugins.php');
$c->authenticate_hook = array( 'server_auth_type' => "Basic");

this worked alright for the old version. For the new version Auth went ok, but username wasn't passed trough to
the server. (maybe same happend on old version as well, I just had never noticed!?) As I don't have full control
over the server, I couldn't apply your advice given here http://wiki.davical.org/w/FastCGI. So I switched to apache
with php as module, got rid of BasicAuth and now all works perfectly fine. Very cool! Thanks!

cheers Tobi