Mailing List Archive

Editing relationships broken with 0.9.8.1
Hi,

I've just upgraded by debian to the latest davical available for lenny
(0.9.8.1) and ran the upgrades script. I was just about to verify
everything looks fine when I found that relationships where no longer
shown. This due to the tables relationship and relationship_type both
containing a column "confers", so the natural join (DAViCalUser.php)
fails. I verified that the confers column being in both tables is
correct as devical.sql contains that too. So I fixed this by replacing
the NATURAL JOINs with "JOIN ... USING (rt_id)" and it looks fine.

Second, I'm badly missing a place to edit the user locale as the german
translation seems incomplete to me (at least when my browser has english
locale set).

Sincerely,
AZ

Editing relationships broken with 0.9.8.1 [ In reply to ]
> correct as devical.sql contains that too. So I fixed this by replacing
> the NATURAL JOINs with "JOIN ... USING (rt_id)" and it looks fine.

and commenting out the $browser->AddHidden( 'confers' ); lines.

Editing relationships broken with 0.9.8.1 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 16:50 +0100, michael-dev at fami-braun.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded by debian to the latest davical available for lenny
> (0.9.8.1) and ran the upgrades script. I was just about to verify
> everything looks fine when I found that relationships where no longer
> shown. This due to the tables relationship and relationship_type both
> containing a column "confers", so the natural join (DAViCalUser.php)
> fails. I verified that the confers column being in both tables is
> correct as devical.sql contains that too. So I fixed this by replacing
> the NATURAL JOINs with "JOIN ... USING (rt_id)" and it looks fine.
>
> Second, I'm badly missing a place to edit the user locale as the german
> translation seems incomplete to me (at least when my browser has english
> locale set).

I guess it's kind of a bug that DAViCalUser.php is still included. You
should be editing principals (users, groups, resources) through the new
interface, though I have left the user editing in there still for the
reason that is currently the only way to set a user to admin, and the
only way to create a new collection from an uploaded .ics

Once I've moved those two missing bits into the 'new way' I'll remove
all of the old code.

Relationships are basically superseded. It doesn't matter if you edit
them, they will no longer have any effect on permissions - you need to
use "Grants and Groups" as is covered in the wiki at:

http://wiki.davical.org/w/Permissions

This is a large piece of change that landed in 0.9.8 and while 0.9.8.1
hasn't completely fixed all of the warts that release introduced, there
are so many things that work better in a CalDAV sense, that I felt it
was better to release now.

Cheers,
Andrew.

It is often easier to tame a wild idea than to breathe life into a
dull one. -- Alex Osborn