-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
davical backup script [ In reply to ]
On 02/04/2010 09:49 AM, Charles Bueche wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First let me say I'm extremely happy with Davical, syncing 2 Macbooks
> and 2 iPhones and keeping the family plans under control. Great piece of
> software, thanks Andrew and contributors !
>
> As my calendar data is extremely valuable for me, I wrote a specific
> backup script. It's dead simple but does its job and might help a few
> other users.
>
> http://www.bueche.ch/wp/2010/01/22/davical-automated-backup/
>
> Regards,
> Charles

Hi Charles, nice script, but the -Fc isn't it already compressed ?
I was supposing that.

Next task, as if davical died (nobody hope so) It also valuable to have a backup
in ical format

Using curl or wget with the authentification
Not yet writed :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
davical backup script [ In reply to ]
On Feb 4, 2010, at 11:34, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> On 02/04/2010 09:49 AM, Charles Bueche wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> First let me say I'm extremely happy with Davical, syncing 2 Macbooks
>> and 2 iPhones and keeping the family plans under control. Great
>> piece of
>> software, thanks Andrew and contributors !
>>
>> As my calendar data is extremely valuable for me, I wrote a specific
>> backup script. It's dead simple but does its job and might help a few
>> other users.
>>
>> http://www.bueche.ch/wp/2010/01/22/davical-automated-backup/
>>
>> Regards,
>> Charles
>>

> Hi Charles, nice script, but the -Fc isn't it already compressed ?
> I was supposing that.
>
> Next task, as if davical died (nobody hope so) It also valuable to
> have a backup
> in ical format
>
> Using curl or wget with the authentification
> Not yet writed :-)

Hi Bruno,

you are right, "-Fc" does compress, but gzip can do better over it.

I wrote another quick script to backup from the client :

http://www.bueche.ch/wp/2010/02/04/client-side-backup-of-caldav-calendars/

Regs,
Charles