Mailing List Archive

Groups and permissions
Hi there,

I've setup a davical server (0.9.7.6-0, updated Debian Lenny) and I now
> want to configure group calendars (calendars on which a group of people
> can read/write).

There is a new version available: 0.9.8, and the biggest change with your
version being a completely overhauled permissions-system.

What you're trying to do should be possible in 0.9.7.x - I'm using it and
haven't found the time to upgrade yet, but if you're setting up a new
davical-server with groups and permissions, i think it would be a good idea
to start by upgrading to the newest version.

Vincent
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Groups and permissions [ In reply to ]
Hello.

I've setup a davical server (0.9.7.6-0, updated Debian Lenny) and I now
want to configure group calendars (calendars on which a group of people
can read/write).

The obvious solution (for me, at least) was to create a group ressource
called "support" and give a number of people admin rights on that
ressource. When I try to write to the support calendar with one of those
people's account, I get an error "MODIFICATION_FAILED".

What am I doing wrong?

Emmanuel