-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Postgresql setup issue [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 10:41 -0800, Mike Bernhardt wrote:
> I used the davical create-database.sh script, but did not have my
> paths set up correctly. In the end, davical created the database, but
> with many errors. I fixed my path issues but the script won?t run
> because the database already exists. How do I delete it so that I can
> create it again, properly?

How you can drop the database can depend on what OS & distribution you
are running.

On Debian you should be able to type:

dropdb davical

at the shell prompt.

On others you might have to go into psql and issue a:

DROP DATABASE davical;

Cheers,
Andrew.

Open Source: the difference between trust and antitrust

I'm on Mac OS X, so it's basically BSD. Where exactly is the davical
database created? If I just rm -r the pgsql and/or davical directories and
reinstall, will that do it?

Postgresql setup issue [ In reply to ]
Never mind, I got it. Once I had my paths properly in place, "dropdb
davical" run as the postgres user did the trick.