Mailing List Archive

Custom permission question
Hi Andrew,

On 12.11.2009 11:30, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 10:13 +0100, Sebastian Gau? wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I jost got asked if i could give some people access to a calendar where
>> they could just create Events, but not edit or delete them.
>>
>> Is there any way to do this in DAViCal right now? Or could this be
>> implemented very easy?
>
> It wouldn't be amazingly complex to implement, but it's not possible at
> the moment. I won't add the feature pre 0.9.8 though because I have
> just replaced the permissions model and would rather get a release out
> with the new model before I start layering too much on top of that.
>
> Once that is in place, however, types of change like this will start to
> become easier.

An chance that my wish will become true? :D

I hope you find some time after the linux.conf.au

> Cheers,
> Andrew.

> andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com +64(272)DEBIAN
> Everything will be just tickety-boo today.

Sebastian

Custom permission question [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 12:11 +0100, Sebastian Gau? wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 12.11.2009 11:30, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 10:13 +0100, Sebastian Gau? wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I jost got asked if i could give some people access to a calendar where
> >> they could just create Events, but not edit or delete them.
> >>
> >> Is there any way to do this in DAViCal right now? Or could this be
> >> implemented very easy?
> >
> > It wouldn't be amazingly complex to implement, but it's not possible at
> > the moment. I won't add the feature pre 0.9.8 though because I have
> > just replaced the permissions model and would rather get a release out
> > with the new model before I start layering too much on top of that.
> >
> > Once that is in place, however, types of change like this will start to
> > become easier.
> >

> An chance that my wish will become true? :D
>
> I hope you find some time after the linux.conf.au

In theory that should be possible in 0.9.8, but perhaps permissions are
not checked correctly yet. That would be the 'DAV::bind' permission
(create) but not the DAV::write permission. Obviously the DAV::read
permission for reading.

Have a play, report back, and let me get through to the end of LCA...

I'm hoping to cover off a few things next week and release a 0.9.8.1
that polishes some of the rougher edges which are the reason I never
released 0.9.8 widely.

Cheers,
Andrew.

He is now rising from affluence to poverty.
-- Mark Twain