Mailing List Archive

[Davical-dev] Welcome to the future of DAViCal :-)
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the DAViCal Developers mailing list!

I believe its time now to add a little more structure to the ongoing
development of DAViCal, and in particular to allow for some discussion
around implementation priorities and release timeframes, and so on.

So I've created this mailing list for that discussion, in contrast to
the existing mailing list which I see as more for user discussions - and
which I kind of hope that ultimately some people other than me will take
greater levels of responsibility for so I can concentrate more on
solving people's future ones less on their immediate ones!

Partly I have created this list as an act of recruitment. You all
realise that the discussion on here will be about the future of DAViCal,
and it may well be technical, about the CalDAV and related
specifications, and you're here because you like reading that stuff.

Kristen Eisenberg
Billige Flüge
Marketing GmbH
Emanuelstr. 3,
10317 Berlin
Deutschland
Telefon: +49 (33)
5310967
Email:
utebachmeier at
gmail.com
Site:
http://flug.airego.de
- Billige Flüge vergleichen
Re: [Davical-dev] Welcome to the future of DAViCal :-) [ In reply to ]
On 2011-10-23 15:25 , Kristen Eisenberg wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Just so that everybody who goes 'who is that Kristen person?' and
'didn't I see this mail already', yes you did.

As there seems to be something, a person, or a robot, subscribing to
mailinglists and taking mails from the archive, appending their own spam
to it and then sending it out.

The thing is, it ends up in the archives, looks legit and likely gains
some pagerank from that... as such one might want to remove these kind
of messages from the archives...

Greets,
Jeroen

Re: [Davical-dev] Welcome to the future of DAViCal :-) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2011-10-23 at 15:44 +0200, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> On 2011-10-23 15:25 , Kristen Eisenberg wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
>
> Just so that everybody who goes 'who is that Kristen person?' and
> 'didn't I see this mail already', yes you did.
>
> As there seems to be something, a person, or a robot, subscribing to
> mailinglists and taking mails from the archive, appending their own spam
> to it and then sending it out.
>
> The thing is, it ends up in the archives, looks legit and likely gains
> some pagerank from that... as such one might want to remove these kind
> of messages from the archives...

Thanks for pointing that out, Jeroen.

Meanwhile, in DAViCal related news, since the pre-release of 0.9.9.7
went out and has had no reported problems, and lots of reported
successes, I'll be releasing it more widely later today.

The only change will be to include a Changelog file for DAViCal, which I
omitted updating.

Regards,
Andrew.
This sentence no verb.