Mailing List Archive

BUG: Privileges granted to All Users stored "forever"
Hi Devs!

on my way experimenting with latest davical (0.9.9.4 @ debian lenny) i
stumbled over another BUG i think.

Problem:

Permissions to "All Users" cannot be revoked anymore. They "reapply" if
Admin clicks on the "apply changes" button, even though they have been
cleared before.

Reproducable:

yes, with any user.

Details / Describtion:

While that "add first user bug" i already reported happened on this
installation as i tried to add a first davical user, i then ignored that
fact and continued "adding more users" to it.

I added two more new users to my DaviCal server (user1 and user2) they
usualy havent granted any permissions to anybody else yet.

So that user2 now can access (see and add schedule) the Calendar of
User1 i entered some permissions (grants) at User1's settings page "to
All Users". I klicked on READ/WRITE Button to add/grant almost all
permissions to "all users", plus some missing permissions which i
add-clicked manualy. Then i clicked APPLY CHANGES.

To check the storage i rechecked (revisited) the same user-settings page
of user1 and all permissions to "all users" has been set correctly.

After than i checked on the Calendar-Client side if user1 now can access
user2's Calendar, and it worked like expected.

I then checked the content of the Database-Table principals to actualy
"see the bitmap".

davical=# select * from principal;
principal_id | type_id | user_no | displayname |
default_privileges
--------------+---------+---------+-----------------------+--------------------------
1 | 1 | 1 | DAViCal Administrator |
000000000000000000000000
5 | 1 | 1003 | user1 |
000000001111111011111111
7 | 1 | 1004 | user2 |
000000000000000000000000
(3 rows)

Next i wanted to REVOKE all permissions (to All User) again and watch
the Database Table again. There i found out that even when i CLEARED ALL
CHECK-BOXES and clicked APPLY CHANGES, the Bitmap still was the same!

davical=# select * from principal;
principal_id | type_id | user_no | displayname |
default_privileges
--------------+---------+---------+-----------------------+--------------------------
1 | 1 | 1 | DAViCal Administrator |
000000000000000000000000
5 | 1 | 1003 | user1 |
000000001111111011111111
7 | 1 | 1004 | user2 |
000000000000000000000000
(3 rows)

I then rechecked the webinterface to there (of course) the permissions
granted are still set too.

I then added a 3rd new user to retest, and it worked again.

On further tests i "sometimes" was able to revoke just "single"
permissions and "applied changes" successfully. But i was never able to
revoke ALL permissions again.

Just another bug in the recent debian davical package??!

best regards
Axel