Mailing List Archive

Release 0.9.8.3 now available
Hi Everyone,

Well I didn't *quite* wake up with egg on my face yesterday morning, but
it seems that my PHP manual which said 'Available from 5.1.0' was lying
to me, because php.net tells me that the DateTime class is only
available from 5.2.0 onwards.

As a result CentOS/RHEL users have been having a tough time getting
0.9.8.2 to work for them. Now I know that these people have a tough
time generally, without me making it worse, so I've now released a
0.9.8.3 that will work with PHP 5.1.

A few other small fixes as well:
* Setting 'ALL' permissions will now work.
* Creating a new Principal won't generate a query error in the logs.
* I've added a menu option to list inactive principals.
* Principals can be set active/inactive in the maintenance screen (but
only by an administrator). Inactive principals cannot log on.
* Collections maintained through the user interface will now get the
correct resourcetype assigned.

Given that many people seem to have deployed 0.9.8.2 pretty quickly, I
think these few small changes should make this a very stable release,
but I'm poised waiting to fix any other small issues and turn out a new
release if it should prove necessary, or if I receive more localisation
updates.

Full release notes, as ever, are here:

http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Notes/0.9.8.3

Regards,