Mailing List Archive

ssh authentication on cisco termservers
Hi folks -
It doesn't look as though the latest conserver distro allows for ssh
connections to terminal servers (in particular, I'm using the Cisco
3600-series).

Has anyone put together a patch for this? Are there any plans to have this
in an upcoming release? I do see it in the TODO file...

Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Peter

--
Peter Cox (312) 525 6465
Unix Engineering, Chicago

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
related financial instruments.
Re: ssh authentication on cisco termservers [ In reply to ]
you're right...there are no inherent ssh capabilities in the code. you
can, however, launch any command as a console. an example conserver.cf
entry would be:

console1:|/usr/local/bin/ssh cisco::/var/conserver/log/console1::

you'll probably need to expand the ssh command a bit to do the right
thing (like include a -p flag, perhaps). if you need password
authentication to happen, you'll have to hack that in somehow (i expect
a wrapper script and maybe creative use of 'expect' would work). if
you use passphraseless identities, then you should be ok directly.

anyway, that's what i'd assume would work based on other mentions of
stuff like this on the list. you can also do a search of the mailing
list archive for topics like this off http://www.conserver.com/ as
well - that might give more insight/options.

but, i know folks are able to do this.

Bryan