this change made to them...

http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?type=0&doc=srdb%2F20427&disp
lay=plain
Re: Sun alternate break [ In reply to ]
> Is there a way to set a flag for Sun machines individually that have had
> this change made to them...
>
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?type=0&doc=srdb%2F20427&disp
> lay=plain

it's this bit of the patch
Step 2. Modify the /etc/default/kbd file, by removing the # from the entry:
#KEYBOARD_ABORT=enable

and changing it to:

KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate

that actually sets the alternate break, just removing the comment will set it
to the standard break and setting (from memory)
KEYBOARD_ABORT=disable
will disable it completely, you can also use the kbd command to alter it.

NB one thing we were wondering about this is at what level does the standard
break operate, does anyone know if it's handled by something in the solaris
kernel or by something in firmware as we have a minor concern that we might be
losing some functionality by running with this patch.

Iain Rae Tel:01316505202
Computing Officer JCMB:2148
Division of Informatics
The University of Edinburgh
RE: Sun alternate break [ In reply to ]
Yes,

You need a patch and you must hae a sun support agreement to receive that
patch. Call SunSolve and they'll give it to you.

Chris