um scan ao telemovel.
for example: clamscan -r -i remove=yes ipaddress root.of.cellphone

Rahim 00351 933 5959 74 is bugged
Re: [clamav-users] first questioon???? [ In reply to ]
Hi Rahim,

Sorry, this is not possible.

-Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.
________________________________
From: clamav-users <clamav-users-bounces@lists.clamav.net> on behalf of Rahim Fakir via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2023 5:18 PM
To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Cc: Rahim Fakir <rahim.g.fakir@gmail.com>
Subject: [clamav-users] first questioon????

I would like to know if it is possible to have clamav on the desktop and remotely scan the phone.
for example: clamscan -r -i remove=yes ipaddress root.of.cellphone

Eu desejava saber se ? poss?vel ter o clamav no desktop e remotamente fazer um scan ao telemovel.

Re: [clamav-users] first questioon???? [ In reply to ]
Hello Rahim,

sorry for my late reply, was little busy.
This option are not possible, you need Linux (not Android!) on your Phone and root access and a complete "installation" of clamscan and freshclam and mybe some cronjobs.

kind greetings
Marc

An / To: Newcomer01 <mailto:newcomer01@posteo.de>
CC / CC: Rahim Fakir <mailto:rahim.g.fakir@gmail.com>
Gesendet / Sent: Montag, Oktober 23, 2023 um 00:18 (at 12:18 AM) +0200
Betreff / Subject: [clamav-users] first questioon????

Re: [clamav-users] first questioon???? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 22 Oct 2023, Rahim Fakir via clamav-users wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to have clamav on the desktop and
> remotely scan the phone.
> for example: clamscan -r -i remove=yes ipaddress root.of.cellphone

For Android it is likely you can use
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.xnano.android.sshserver&hl=en_US&gl=US
to share you phone as an sftp server, and
sshfs
on the desktop to make the phone appear as a drive on the desktop.

Once that is working ClamAV could scan the mounted phone drive.
I have no idea how fast or slow this would be.

More importantly, I suspect that SSHServer would not have access to all of
the files onyour phone, so there would be files you could not scan.

Please do not use "remove=yes". ClamAV is rarely tested on phones
so false-positives are more likely than usual.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: [clamav-users] first questioon???? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:18:46 +0100 (BST)
Andrew C Aitchison via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2023, Rahim Fakir via clamav-users wrote:
>
> > I would like to know if it is possible to have clamav on the desktop and
> > remotely scan the phone.
> > for example: clamscan -r -i remove=yes ipaddress root.of.cellphone
>
> For Android it is likely you can use
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.xnano.android.sshserver&hl=en_US&gl=US
> to share you phone as an sftp server, and
> sshfs
> on the desktop to make the phone appear as a drive on the desktop.
>
> Once that is working ClamAV could scan the mounted phone drive.
> I have no idea how fast or slow this would be.
>
> More importantly, I suspect that SSHServer would not have access to all of
> the files onyour phone, so there would be files you could not scan.
>
> Please do not use "remove=yes". ClamAV is rarely tested on phones
> so false-positives are more likely than usual.

It may be worse than that.

A few years ago, I had installed a a nice FTP server (WiFi FTP Pro) on my wife's Android phone, to make it easy to download photos etc. Then Google forcibly installed Storage Access Framework (SAF) on Android: it blocks access to all but a few directories (e.g., can't even get at the SD card!), and there seems to be no update for this FTP server to coexist with SAF.

P.S. Google claims this was done for security reasons (which it does somewhat improve), but I wonder if it isn't also to trap you into their ecosystem (Google Drive et all).