In Amavisd.conf?

Regards,

Wayne
Re: [clamav-users] Is there a better explanation of the Anti-Virus options [ In reply to ]
> In Amavisd.conf?

This is the clamav-users mailing list. People here are not expected to
know what Amavis uses. Please write down the options you want to know
more about.
Re: [clamav-users] Is there a better explanation of the Anti-Virus options [ In reply to ]
Here is a sample. The term "Blocked" is used. Does ClamAV scan the files looking for viruses or just it just wholescale block them?

Amavisd, using clamAV has a series of decoders. Hence my question.

### BLOCKED ANYWHERE
# qr'^UNDECIPHERABLE$', # is or contains any undecipherable components
qr'^\.(exe-ms|dll)$', # banned file(1) types, rudimentary
# qr'^\.(exe|lha|cab|dll)$', # banned file(1) types

### BLOCK THE FOLLOWING, EXCEPT WITHIN UNIX ARCHIVES:
# [ qr'^\.(gz|bz2)$' => 0 ], # allow any in gzip or bzip2
[ qr'^\.(rpm|cpio|tar)$' => 0 ], # allow any in Unix-type archives

Re: [clamav-users] Is there a better explanation of the Anti-Virus options [ In reply to ]
> Here is a sample. The term "Blocked" is used. Does ClamAV scan the files looking for viruses or just it just wholescale block them?
>
> Amavisd, using clamAV has a series of decoders. Hence my question.
>
> ### BLOCKED ANYWHERE
> # qr'^UNDECIPHERABLE$', # is or contains any undecipherable components
> qr'^\.(exe-ms|dll)$', # banned file(1) types, rudimentary
> # qr'^\.(exe|lha|cab|dll)$', # banned file(1) types
>
> ### BLOCK THE FOLLOWING, EXCEPT WITHIN UNIX ARCHIVES:
> # [ qr'^\.(gz|bz2)$' => 0 ], # allow any in gzip or bzip2
> [ qr'^\.(rpm|cpio|tar)$' => 0 ], # allow any in Unix-type archives
This is completely unrelated to ClamAV or virus scanning in general.
There is a amavis-users mailing list you might check out.